Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
slash356

User channel on YouTube

Lets be constructive,

The main issue of the rant is how piracy in magic has affected Mr.Miller:
Magic piracy is something that CANNOT be stopped. You can try to control it, but you cant stop it. Even if Mr.Miller reduced the prices to $2.00 or $5.00, or even 10cent, people are still going to pirate it because they can get it for FREE. Tweaking the prices makes no difference*. What difference does it make if you limit your releases to Asia? Now those people who can't get it will torrent it. causing even more piracy acts.
You will just have to depend on loyal magician who will do the moral thing. That is all.

Here is why you will not succeeded with your own label of the "magic industry":
Here i am specifically referring to your indiegogo campaign. How different will your company be from the rest? Not much. No company can EVER stop piracy acts. It will only be money and time consuming on your part.

Here is the bigger issue with regards to the point above: your ATTITUDE.

http://weeklymagicfailure.blogspot.s...t-i-guess.html

^incase you didn't know, you're featured... again!

The reason why I have never (and probably will never) buy product from you directly is strictly because of your terrible customer service. If you want to start a professional company, have a professional attitude. Regardless magic related business or not, you are taking money from people. I am completely fine with all the swearing, heck I have a very foul mouth myself. But when it come to Asian countries (I'm from Singapore), most magicians are actually kids and teens. Generally, the adults will only perform for corporate events like stage or grand illusion shows(I'm not sure how it is outside Asia). So yeah, your fan base in Asia is GENERALLY made out of kids and teen(hopefully this explains the torrents). So basically foul language is a NO.

Other thought and comments:
Many years ago in my early teens, I did enjoy and LEGITIMATELY bought your effects from E. Keep that in mind. I don't and probably will never do direct sales with you because of your attitude. Dont take it the wrong way. Take it constructively. I understand your situation with your kids etc etc. But the issue lies within you, NOT the magic industry, NOT your kids. If you stop creating effects, to threaten the pirates, then you wont have anything to earn money from anyway. It doesn't affect me, I refrain myself from performing "off the shelf" magic a long time ago. It is hard to survive in this industry especially in your current situation. If you are depending on creating trick full time and it is not working out, get a 9-5 job and do magic on the side. Supporting your family is number priority. Just my humble advice.
slash356 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
behaviour, enduremiller, exposure, justin miller