Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

Donor Score: 50
User channel on YouTube

Hey, I'll toss up my opinion on the matter for anyone who's interested.

I agree with Albert and Mark. And by saying that, it does not in ANY way mean that we are all ganging up on you or anything, because that is not the case. We all have different beliefs and opinions which other people may or may not understand. To be honest, recently I haven't been practicing magic as much as I used to. I've just been busy with other things. Even so, I'm still on these forums all the time. Perhaps I'm not quite as active as I used to be in regards to posting, but I still read all the threads.

For the Classic Pass contest, I'm sorry I didn't enter. I can barely do a classic pass (yes I suck that much!). I don't mean any disrespect by not entering. I personally think that the contest was a great idea. I mean, we had something like 10 people enter, and that's great considering there weren't any physical prizes for it. That's awesome, 10 people entered just for fun, and bragging rights of course! I understand how you feel that not everyone entered, especially Mark and Albert.

I have an interesting personality, one that lots of people around the world share. The desire for positive reinforcement, especially when it comes from someone you respect. Everyone enjoys hearing it, some more than others. For me, it's really important. I need to feel liked and involved in pretty much everything. I despise being left out, I can't stand it. That's just who I am. I guess it could be because my self esteem and confidence isn't incredibly high. Because of this, I can come across as annoying at times (or all the time! ), but that's fine. Because that's who I am, and if other people don't like it, then it's their loss. The problem for me is when I think I annoy the people I respect.

I post nearly every single video of mine up for feedback on these forums, because I need that reinforcement. I'd prefer if everyone would leave feedback and criticism, but it isn't possible. I'd love to see comments from Mark and Albert on my videos, because as a magician I truly respect their skills and performances. But just because they don't comment doesn't mean that they hate me, or dislike me, or anything along those lines.

So, to end that long rant, maybe you're like me. Whether you are or you aren't it's up to you how to interpret your thoughts. And I've learned that unless directly told by them the exact things I'm feeling, then I'm always wrong, because it's just my stupid dinosaur brain being dumb!

As for me, I'd never consider being on these forums a waste of time. Because I've made friends with some awesome people here, and that is enough to keep me on these forums, even if I'm currently going through a magic drought.

Keep in mind that all of the above is my opinion, and in no way do I mean any disrespect towards you or anyone else reading it.

P.S. One last thing for Mark, which I'm about to edit out of the post:
Travmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travmang View Post
P.S. One last thing for Mark, which I'm about to edit out of the post:
Either you edited it out too quickly or you didn't edit out anything at all.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote