Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 07-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
dynamo

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
It seems that you are complaining about me and this thread, instead of about Evan, but you basically verified exactly what I said (thanks for that, I suppose ).

Evan duplicated the ebook and those videos (which you verified aren't his own) to several flash drives including yours. He did not pay for your copy and if he paid for anything at all, it would be just for his own copies. Every single time he puts the files onto another flash drive to send out to others, like his contest winners, he would have to pay for these files again and again, and he didn't.

That makes him guilty of illegally duplicating those files, and that is exactly why this thread was made.
Im not complaining about you in this thread im just disagreeing because evan is a good guy and he must have like some kind of permission to use them or he is using a copy of the book which doesnt display all of the pages
dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
Im not complaining about you in this thread im just disagreeing because evan is a good guy and he must have like some kind of permission to use them or he is using a copy of the book which doesnt display all of the pages
I'm sorry, but I really don't see that as a good reason to defend him, or anyone for that matter. Explain to me why he has removed every single comment and has ignored every single question about whether he has permission to share what is on those flash drives or not? If he would have had permission, he could have just said that instead. There would be no reason for him to remove and ignore those comments.. unless he has something to hide.

Since you seem to want hard evidence, despite of that you already know what is on the flash drives as you said to own one, I decided to take a bit of time to research and ask around. Hereby actual evidence of Evan being guilty (for even more than he was originally accused of):

- The flash drives happen to contain full products from Adam Wilber, Ben Salinas, Blake Vogt, Brad Christian, Calen Morelli, Chris Mayhew, Criss Angel, Dan & Dave, Dani DaOrtiz, Daniel Garcia, Edward Boswell, Eric Jones, Eric Ross, Hanson Chien, Jay Noblezada, Jay Sankey, Justin Miller, Luke Jermay, Neil Strauss, Oz Pearlman, Patrick Kun, Rick Lax, Tom Isaacson and Wayne Houchin. Most of the items are produced by Ellusionist and theory11. Several of the involved parties have already confirmed no permission was given;

- Plenty of those items have never been sold digitally and are merely available on physical DVDs. This means that those files on the flash drives are DVD rips. Even Wayne Houchin's 'Counterfeit Hollingworth' DVD, a very limited item sold only by Wayne himself, can be found on some of the drives Evan has sent out;

- The vast majority of the files, if not all of them, are similar in size to illegal, digital copies of them available on the net. This includes the DVD rips. If someone would make such a DVD rip by himself, let's say Evan did, the sizes would almost always differ from the illegal copies. Since they don't, it means Evan actually put illegal copies of the files on the flash drives. This also means that he probably did not pay for those products at all, not even for a single copy of them;

- Let's put all of the above aside and let's say Evan actually did purchase the items the exact amount of times he has copied and shared them, including the DVDs (God knows where he left all these discs and cases, but let's say he set them on fire for goodness sake). The total value of the items happens to be over $1000(!!) for the 32GB flash drive, and around $500 for the 16GB drive, $250 for the 8GB one and $100 for the 4GB one (and that is not a joke. I can list the exact products that are on them and the prices these are currently being sold for). This means that so far, Evan has had to pay a stunning $11,750 for the contents of the flash drives alone! Sure he did (and yes, this one sentence is sarcastic).

Hope that is enough evidence for you. Evan is guilty. Sorry.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
dynamo

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I'm sorry, but I really don't see that as a good reason to defend him, or anyone for that matter. Explain to me why he has removed every single comment and has ignored every single question about whether he has permission to share what is on those flash drives or not? If he would have had permission, he could have just said that instead. There would be no reason for him to remove and ignore those comments.. unless he has something to hide.

Since you seem to want hard evidence, despite of that you already know what is on the flash drives as you said to own one, I decided to take a bit of time to research and ask around. Hereby actual evidence of Evan being guilty (for even more than he was originally accused of):

- The flash drives happen to contain full products from Adam Wilber, Ben Salinas, Blake Vogt, Brad Christian, Calen Morelli, Chris Mayhew, Criss Angel, Dan & Dave, Dani DaOrtiz, Daniel Garcia, Edward Boswell, Eric Jones, Eric Ross, Hanson Chien, Jay Noblezada, Jay Sankey, Justin Miller, Luke Jermay, Neil Strauss, Oz Pearlman, Patrick Kun, Rick Lax, Tom Isaacson and Wayne Houchin. Most of the items are produced by Ellusionist and theory11. Several of the involved parties have already confirmed no permission was given;

- Plenty of those items have never been sold digitally and are merely available on physical DVDs. This means that those files on the flash drives are DVD rips. Even Wayne Houchin's 'Counterfeit Hollingworth' DVD, a very limited item sold only by Wayne himself, can be found on some of the drives Evan has sent out;

- The vast majority of the files, if not all of them, are similar in size to illegal, digital copies of them available on the net. This includes the DVD rips. If someone would make such a DVD rip by himself, let's say Evan did, the sizes would almost always differ from the illegal copies. Since they don't, it means Evan actually put illegal copies of the files on the flash drives. This also means that he probably did not pay for those products at all, not even for a single copy of them;

- Let's put all of the above aside and let's say Evan actually did purchase the items the exact amount of times he has copied and shared them, including the DVDs (God knows where he left all these discs and cases, but let's say he set them on fire for goodness sake). The total value of the items happens to be over $1000(!!) for the 32GB flash drive, and around $500 for the 16GB drive, $250 for the 8GB one and $100 for the 4GB one (and that is not a joke. I can list the exact products that are on them and the prices these are currently being sold for). This means that so far, Evan has had to pay a stunning $11,750 for the contents of the flash drives alone! Sure he did (and yes, this one sentence is sarcastic).

Hope that is enough evidence for you. Evan is guilty. Sorry.
im sorry that i didnt believe you but please can you tell me what you put in google to research this or how you researched this so i can see myself and complain to him
Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
im sorry that i didnt believe you but please can you tell me what you put in google to research this or how you researched this so i can see myself and complain to him
No problem. Apology accepted.

I just looked up winners of Evan's contests and by doing that I found some public information on what is on those flash drives. I also asked some of the winners about the exact details like file sizes and such. All information added up to each other, no discrepancies between the public and private information at all.

And from there it was really easy to contact the involved artists and production companies to find out whether Evan had permission or not, although it was already obvious to me that he didn't.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote