Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
alvinhy

Default Sishou - Four Beasts [KICKSTARTER LIVE]

Hello everyone, you may already know about this deck from the design development thread I have in this forum.
I am happy to tell you that I have launched the project on kickstarter and its LIVE!

I hope you like this deck as I have put a lot of time and effort into it!
Thanks for everyone that had input to the deck!

You can get the deck here: http://kck.st/W92iLQ
alvinhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Welcome! Good to have you here though I suppose we would've liked it better if you would have been part of the community first or at least posted an introduction thread before this.

That said, that is a wonderful deck! My only concern is: I see the dragon but where are the other animals? With these missing on the backs, I think you should actually turn the deck into a series of four.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
TommySteal
Tom

User channel on YouTube

Hello alvinhy. In regards to what Mark said about only being able to see the dragon, I think personally your back design could look even more elegant without anything in the opposite corners and just leave the nice circle design in the centre. I love the borders and the tight spiral effect that makes up most of the back. The red and blue colours used are a bit different, which makes a change, and the box is cool but kinda busy looking for my taste. On the whole, an interesting deck of cards.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
Mark

User channel on YouTube

I personally would love something in the corners because else it might end up way empty.

I just realized that the spades pips are kind of futuristic/modern looking for a Chinese cultural-themed deck. May need a bigger space between the borders (like the hearts) or something more towards the border around the circle on the back.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
maenk
The N00b

User channel on YouTube

Oh,and what about the back of the box?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #6
OliveroG
Marcos Olivero

User channel on YouTube

Well i love it.
OliveroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
alvinhy

Hello guys thanks for the comments, I guess I should first introduce myself! :P

There are new updates for the cards the pips are actually bordered now making it more chinese traditional. As for the back of the box, it will feature the back of the card as usual in most deck of cards.

The back, if I add a phoenix to the empty corner will it be too cluttered? or shall I just leave it as it is. It will look great when fanning one way and look different fanning the other. that was my intention.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
maenk
The N00b

User channel on YouTube

just KISS.I think the back cannot get any better,but you can always post it so we can see it.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinhy View Post
The back, if I add a phoenix to the empty corner will it be too cluttered? or shall I just leave it as it is. It will look great when fanning one way and look different fanning the other. that was my intention.
Oh, it's more than fine to keep that corner empty. The only thing is that it then will be more of a Dragon deck rather than a Four Beasts one.

You might really take the idea of making a four-deck series into consideration, each of the decks featuring another Chinese-styled back design and another beast on the backs (and for instance putting each beast in the four circles on the box design and highlighting the beast that is featured in that particular deck). That way you'd only need 3 more back designs for the other three beasts, but that's it.

I'm sure your project will be succesful, so it shouldn't be much of a problem to realize. I do expect you to send me free decks in return if you indeed take on that idea though.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #10
alvinhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Oh, it's more than fine to keep that corner empty. The only thing is that it then will be more of a Dragon deck rather than a Four Beasts one.

You might really take the idea of making a four-deck series into consideration, each of the decks featuring another Chinese-styled back design and another beast on the backs (and for instance putting each beast in the four circles on the box design and highlighting the beast that is featured in that particular deck). That way you'd only need 3 more back designs for the other three beasts, but that's it.

I'm sure your project will be succesful, so it shouldn't be much of a problem to realize. I do expect you to send me free decks in return if you indeed take on that idea though.
Thanks for all the feedback! Yeh ill sure do that haha
You can get more info on the deck or up coming decks I design by following me on facebook and twitter.

facebook.com/alvincheunghy
twitter.com/alvincheunghy