Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #10
kammagic
Banned

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMisdirectingHand View Post
Hello Jonathan,

You present many points, but there are a few things I must point out.

First off, why is cultural difference involved with one's ability to interpret comments? I am an American, and so are you. I find none of these comments to be insulting to the very least. You may have grown up learning a different way of thinking and philosophy compared to us. Mark, Richard, you, and I, we may be from different parts of this world, but we are all human beings, who speak the same language.

You use your twenty-five years of experience to judge if the given advice is good or bad? Overall, it is just advice, would you not say? Though it is up to you to judge the advice, what difference does it make if others read it?

Its bad advice.Why would I approve bad advice or incorrect comments or accusations?

Two and three are both contradictory. Why would you approve exposure? More so, what is the point of deleting exposure if you already do so yourself? In some of your videos, I noticed that annotations are placed. For example, in one of your effects, you perform the Card to Wallet effect, and you post an annotation that specifically shows what is needed to perform the effect, should you delete that annotation since it contains exposure? I will let you ponder on that.

DL is not exposure. double lift is

Before you arrived to this forum, I did not think you carried a bad attitude, but it is not in my place to judge you.

Also, if you think that we cannot handle criticism, please look at yourself, before you ask us. I find it funny that you delete comments depending on the tone of it. Doing that is the same as getting mad at someone for saying, "Hey, that was a very good performance!", instead of, "I think that was a great performance."

not the same at all. I delete what I feel are bad or inappropriate comments

Richard did not start this thread to insult you. Since when did insulting someone include praise, and positive comments? The thread was started merely by request of the many people that had asked him to. If you do not have time for negative people, hurtful people, dishonest people, or disrespectful people, then there really is no reason to make anymore contact with the world, seeing as how we do not live in a perfect world. In many other businesses, it is the same as magic. Music, acting, even painting, there are the groups of the admirers, and the haters. The only thing we can do is go with the flow, there is no use complaining.

The title to this thread claims I am ruining magic. Richard chose to put me under that heading. Thats an insult. Then he complimented and insulted me in his post. The compliments do not lessen the insults

Why are you poking at his English? Is it because he is not from America? People from around the world learn other languages to communicate with one another, and someone like you putting them down because of their inability to type, or speak as well as you can might really hurt them. That in itself is not right. Or maybe it is because you want to end this with the final word.

We were not understanding each other. When trying to convey specific thoughts if one word is incorrect it can make interpretation difficult

That is all I needed to point out, how you interpret my words, love or hate, is up to you.
Jonathan Kamm My resonse are in red
kammagic is offline   Reply With Quote