Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #21
BenjiTaylor

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Don't ask me what is happening to YouTube Land but some people are definitely ruining it.

Hereby Jordan Hamilton (no idea if that's his real name or the correct spelling but well, let's just call him WTFBlackMagic (WTFBM) because that's definitely his YouTube name).

WTFBM thought it was fun to make the so called "WORLDS BIGGEST CONTEST", and the biggest prizes including but not limited to "JERRY'S NUGGETS" are, as always with fake contests, based on luck entirely (and for the rest he apparently has a sponsor). However, this time the contest may actually not be fake (doubt it though), but that doesn't matter because the main prize definitely is.

Hereby the contest video:

A couple of days ago he actually made a review on his so called "Authentic Jerry's Nuggets", one of which will be given away in the contest:

Now that, people, is what we call fake Jerry's. The printing on the box is way off (the letters are too small, the design alignment is way off-center), the seal is fake, the cards sound and behave nothing like actual Jerry's, oh wait, no need to list those things because... there are gaff cards involved and there is no such thing as authentic Jerry's Nugget gaffs). Yet, he says they are the real deal and he happens to give away a deck valued 200-300 dollars in the contest.

To me it's obvious he expects the winner of the luck contest (if it's even a real winner) to choose for the Jerry's instead of the Arcanes, and probably if they choose for the Arcanes he will make them vanish into thin air, which he apparently has done before because someone says to not have received their deck of a previous contest/giveaway of his, and I have a feeling the person who said that is actually talking the truth... gee... I wonder why...

Of course we won't allow this kind of twisted manipulation.
He has now deleted all evidence of the contest ever existing and has deleted the video. He has also started to upload trailers for tricks which aren't his. Is that "allowed"?
BenjiTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #22
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Officially this is copyright infringement but companies usually couldn't care less because they make money from the products that get promoted. I seen people get a lot of extra views this way and I definitely disagree with it.

And what a coward for not admitting anything nor apologizing to any of the hundred people involved.
Good thing I saved the videos on my system. I already expected him to delete them.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #23
Kelan
kittydakat

I know Alessandro. He's a good friend of mine, glad he didn't make the deal.
Kelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #24
Azukinimagician
Azukinimagician

User channel on YouTube

I just heard that he is being investigated by the FBI due to cybercrime. Got it from FB.
Azukinimagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #25
BenjiTaylor

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azukinimagician View Post
I just heard that he is being investigated by the FBI due to cybercrime. Got it from FB.
What kind of cybercrime? Fake contests?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #26
Azukinimagician
Azukinimagician

User channel on YouTube

Yes, I don't know what exactly happened, but someone tweeted about it
Azukinimagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #27
Mark

User channel on YouTube

I wish! But it's not true.
I'll keep on dreaming.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #28
BenjiTaylor

User channel on YouTube

He says I won his contest, If you look at his recent video. He wants me to do an un-boxing if I get the prizes. Maybe he has changed.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #29
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiTaylor View Post
He says I won his contest, If you look at his recent video. He wants me to do an un-boxing if I get the prizes. Maybe he has changed.
He hasn't. You have, as you made honest apologies and such, but we can say he didn't change till the moment he actually apologizes to anyone (or rather everyone), else he is just running away from it and keeps his criminal record for the rest of his life.

That said, please do not make an unboxing video. He merely wants you to do that to prove that he isn't a fraud, which he still is. You live rather close to him too, so it won't cost him much to send you the package.

And hereby... a new contest and another so called first one from the fraud:

Old 12-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #30
BenjiTaylor

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
He hasn't. You have, as you made honest apologies and such, but we can say he didn't change till the moment he actually apologizes to anyone (or rather everyone), else he is just running away from it and keeps his criminal record for the rest of his life.

That said, please do not make an unboxing video. He merely wants you to do that to prove that he isn't a fraud, which he still is. You live rather close to him too, so it won't cost him much to send you the package.
Hi Mark. I did receive the prizes but I have chosen to do what you said and not do an Un-Boxing video.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I told him I couldn't do one and this is what he said: "why? you said you would

if you don't that breaches what I asked you to do in order to claim your prize, therefore if not done I require you to send them back or I shall submit a civil case against you"
Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #31
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Whahahaha.. to claim your prize? He never put that as requirement in the giveaway contest (plus, it's not possible to put such requirements to claiming or receiving anything you won). Therefore, don't send them back.. and have him submit a civil case against you, because you will win without a doubt. You can even show any judge this thread and they will fine his butt off.

Also, you can tell him I saved his videos. He even deleted the results video from YouTube. He has absolutely no leg to stand on.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #32
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Wahahahahahahhaha!!

That's all I had to contribute
Old 12-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #33
BenjiTaylor

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Wahahahahahahhaha!!

That's all I had to contribute
Haha
Old 12-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #34
WTFBlackMagic

User channel on YouTube

time for my input.

all previous mistakes have been corrected. therefore I request you remove this forum. an for benji Taylor

you invade my privacy via exposing my PRIVATE messages. here is a quote from the YouTube community Guide lines

"There is zero tolerance of predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy or the revealing of other members' personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from YouTube."

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

also the reason it's called contest #1 is because its a new start
WTFBlackMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #35
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFBlackMagic View Post
time for my input.

all previous mistakes have been corrected. therefore I request you remove this forum. an for benji Taylor

you invade my privacy via exposing my PRIVATE messages. here is a quote from the YouTube community Guide lines

"There is zero tolerance of predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy or the revealing of other members' personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from YouTube."

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

also the reason it's called contest #1 is because its a new start
There was no predatory behaviour, there was no stalking, there were no threats, there was no harassment (revealing the truth isn't harassment, even supported by tort law), and there was no invasion of privacy (such as secretly searching for your personal information).

Quoting private messages is not invasion of privacy when it is used for criticism or reviews (no that your messages qualify for creative works under copyright law). We were criticizing your bad actions and the only way we can do that is to know the truth. Voila! There we have it.

On the other hand, you have not specified that the conversation you held through private messages be kept personal between only you and Benji. Your lack of such a statement automatically makes you lose your claim on the invasion of privacy, as it was your own free will to share it with Benji, and thus, to the world. Benji had no obligation to keep it only to himself. Of course, this is assuming that you did not claim that, which you most likely haven't

I've got nothing against you personally, but what you did was wrong. I don't know how you have corrected all your mistakes, as you claim. Mind expanding on that?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #36
Mark

User channel on YouTube

May I add that community guidelines on one site, don't count for the world wide web. It's not that YouTube's guidelines are some sort of universal internet law. They couldn't care less whatever one does on other sites, unless it is infringing their very own rights. Especially since you threatened Benji, he should be absolutely in his right to make this public, and he quoted you so he didn't steal your text or anything, it is still yours.

You have had three, four, or even more "new starts". But just starting over doesn't correct anything though, and you did by no means correct anything either. Not one apology was made. Instead, you have been, and are making things worse and worse.

Stop acting as if that's Benji's fault or whatever. You are the very only person to blame for what you did, and the very own person to correct it. Yes, correcting it takes some guts, but it's either that or keeping your image destroyed for forever (and I personally gave you that option quite some time ago already and you ignored it, which makes it a lot harder for you to correct everything too).
Old 12-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #37
WTFBlackMagic

User channel on YouTube

I was unware of this forum until 2 days ago, I have previously scammed, however I sent everything back. I did it to someone called Chinwei Goh, if you find him on Facebook ask him and he'll tell you I have changed for the better. I can honestly say I have changed and there will be no more fake contest. however i know I'm not the only well know(ish) person on YouTube who has done it, there were speculations about mrdreammagic but no one seemed to do anything about that. all I wish is for to start fresh and to have my name cleared. I have done stupid things in the past that I regret but I've done my best to correct them.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #38
Mark

User channel on YouTube

You did not find out about this forum two days ago. I personally sent it to you quite a while ago, and your IP address has visited this forum before too.

Even if you changed, everyone is perfectly right for hating on you because you never made up for anything or apologized in any video whatsoever. That is the only thing you could do to get your name cleared, and even then it could be doubtful because you continued your actions even after being busted and could (if not should) have made a video much much earlier. Oh yeah, and of course stopping with lying would help a little too. Not to forget about not threatening anyone like what you did to Benji. You sure you changed? That must have only just happened then.

Sorry for sounding a bit frustrated, but I really don't get how you could possibly talk as if you are disappointed and/or surprised that people still hate on you and call you a fraud. Really, you can wish whatever you want, but if you don't take any action, nothing will change. You do not seem to regret and you definitely didn't do your best to correct it. You didn't do anything at all, except for starting new, fraudulent contests. If you would regret, you would at least stop doing contests, especially ones that look more fraudulent than your actual fake contests.

Also, we don't like speculations so mrdreammagic's real name has been removed from your post. This thread is about you, not about anyone else. Sure there have been more people who made fake contests (although, you are probably on top of that list) but we are not going to post anyone in here if we don't have evidence. Then again, our Magic Alert threads function as warnings to everyone else too.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #39
WTFBlackMagic

User channel on YouTube

okay if I make a apology video and promise not to do anything like that again can you remove this thread
Old 12-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #40
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Depends on the content of the apology video, whether you will take a break from making contests and whether you will put the art as priority instead of fame. Also, you better come up with the video content on your own (rather than being sorry for whatever we said you should be sorry for) and you better actually mean it too, because that is not quite believable at this moment.

Our threads will never be removed right away, but at least it could get closed and be removed on the long term.