Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Theatre > In The Streets > Card magic
Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
thetophatfirm
Red

User channel on YouTube
Default Two Card Handling

Here is a two card effect I have been working on, trying to build up to a four card routine.. !
Old 08-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
OliveroG
Marcos Olivero

User channel on YouTube

I just... don't get it. Is it about the cards still being on top even after you place one of them in the middle? I liked the first switch, i have been using a very, very similar concept, with a different P***.

For this sort of effect (using two cards, and going in some sort of ambitious plot), you should check the "Double Ambitious" effect by Juan Tamariz, you can find it in his book "Sonata", he uses some great handlings for a two cards ambitious card.
OliveroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
Fin

User channel on YouTube

I think perhaps you displayed the cards faces a little too often, because by the time the magic moments arrived I was unsure as to where exactly we were in the routine and what was meant to be happening. I worked it out afterwards but it definitely diluted the strength of the magic. Loving the music btw
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
thetophatfirm
Red

User channel on YouTube

Thanks!! I think I understand what you guys are telling me, my idea was that I was placing the top card away and the second card would stay the same, an attempt to give an effect that nothing changes.

What can I do to limit confusion? I'll make sure to practice with less presentation and timing of the moments, or maybe instead of lovable music ;D [thanks fin!] I'll use commentary to help the routine follow a patter. I'll repost within next week and see what you guys think from there!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
babyte

One magician said that trick has to make sense. To make sense you have to talk or build some patter, it may help. Well, IMO trick hasn't made sense, it's just taking card, putting into middle and so on. I hace no idea if you got what I want to say, because as I mention ealrier my english is not good as it could be. For final tips, do not be so tense, do not move all around the room, use somthing else instead of that 'getting brake under top cards'. Something like pinky count. Just my opinion, and i am not magician, not even good at cards. So.. Judging on creativity, you did a great job.
babyte is offline   Reply With Quote