Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > Magic Which?
Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
ouncesmusic

User channel on YouTube

The main thing I felt it was lacking was nuances and minor details which would have aided in the blending of the main mechanics. It did have an "extended exposure" feel to the main sleight (similar to what Mark explained), but the additions of the other 2 make up (I felt). Also, this is just a guess, it feels you are expected to be a skillful card handler in advance and there is no given or suggested prequisite/difficulty indication.

Because of my experience from practicing "HighRise" (and learning of the BTS) I was already familiar with the similar actions. So it's not perfect, but it feels a little self working. Self working? What I mean by that last part is the convincer you have with "Blind Square" in contrast to a dribble cover one might say for "HighRise."

But now i'm curious as to the origins of this evolved control (specifically the Blind Square) and how it took course into cardistry and not pure card magic.

As for the marketing and selection of good vs bad, I really can't say much. Only that as I come to love this art more and more everyday, I'm only searching for what I understand/feel to be the most prestigious card sleights, so that I may have a personalized foundation to create my own magic around them.
ouncesmusic is offline   Reply With Quote