Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > Magic Which?
Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
s13zeTheDay

User channel on YouTube
Default The Paper Engine

I'm back with another review. This time it's The Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher. Aaron Fisher is an extremely innovative magician, and this book is a collection of his sleights, tricks, and improvements.

This book, once again, is broken up into Technique and Magic. The technique section is quite a bit longer than the Magic section, but in my opinion that is how it should be. The magic builds off of the solid foundation of sleights.

Technique: This section focuses on various techniques, however they are not your typical classic pass/color change. They are all either invented by him or improved greatly by him, and include such gems as his eponymous popout move and the gravity half pass, one of the best half passes I know. This section has some great switches, passes, and controls that you will use.

Magic: The magic is good. it's nothing mindblowing, however it's good enough to add one or two routines to your repertoire. Two standouts are his sandwich effect that THE SPECTATOR DOES, search and destroy, and an extremely visual turnover of the deck/color change/card location, revolution no. 9 (and it's variation, helter skelter, a visual color changing deck routine).

Recommendation: If you have your basics down pat and are looking for some interesting new sleights, you will find them here. You will also find some interesting concepts for routines too.

Price: $25

--Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study In Scarlet
s13zeTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Mark

User channel on YouTube

I remember Aaron saying that the "real secrets" were actually in the commentary he put in every single section. What do you think of that?
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
Kieran Oloughlin

Yes what are the footnoty things he put in them. Werent these meant to be the best part of the book
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote