Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Just highlighting what I reacted to Albert, the sentences I put in bold being the main bits. I never suggested you didn't say "slight variation", but briefly looking back I can't actually see where you did use those words.. did you use those words? However thats not my point. Whether you did or not I'm just talking about what parts you did say which I thought was way off the mark, and which is what took me off-topic, away from the trailer and product page debate Had you only said it was a slight variation I would have totally understood but we all know you went further than that and THAT is what I was reacting to.
When anyone says "Rick Lax knew that it was the Bow-to-Stern Control and that it was renamed to HighRise", and "renamed it, claiming it as his........ That's the situation here", those are very black & white claims. They don't look like that person is "assuming" anything. They look like he knows, yet they are not correct. The BTS IS NOT the High Rise. And Rick has NOT renamed it, claiming it as his. "Slight variation"? Whatever! I have made it clear several times what prompted this, and it wasn't talk of a slight anything.
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin View Post
Just highlighting what I reacted to Albert, the sentences I put in bold being the main bits. I never suggested you didn't say "slight variation", but briefly looking back I can't actually see where you did use those words.. did you use those words? However thats not my point. Whether you did or not I'm just talking about what parts you did say which I thought was way off the mark, and which is what took me off-topic, away from the trailer and product page debate Had you only said it was a slight variation I would have totally understood but we all know you went further than that and THAT is what I was reacting to.
When anyone says "Rick Lax knew that it was the Bow-to-Stern Control and that it was renamed to HighRise", and "renamed it, claiming it as his........ That's the situation here", those are very black & white claims. They don't look like that person is "assuming" anything. They look like he knows, yet they are not correct. The BTS IS NOT the High Rise. And Rick has NOT renamed it, claiming it as his. "Slight variation"? Whatever! I have made it clear several times what prompted this, and it wasn't talk of a slight anything.
Fin, I'm sorry, but this is getting really irritating. For one, I didn't explicitly say the word, but I described it enough to communicate that and even Cris understood it that way (in the last paragraph of his 1st post).

Secondly, I clearly said 'For those who know Ernest's control, we can say "Oh, Rick made some improvements on Ernest's Move."' That is pretty much true. That suggests I implied 'slight variation'. I even purchased HighRise yesterday for the sake of this thread and to compare it with the BTS. Honestly, I personally think there isn't as excessive of a difference as you claimed for the fact that the secret move is more exaggerated than the original. The core principle is kept the same and the finger positioning of the right hand for the first bit is the main difference. Sure, it's enough to allow him to rename it as something quite different, but the difference isn't so big.

Lastly, the use of the music situation to say "renamed it, claiming it as his" was explicit to that certain situation. That can be clearly understood by the fact that I knew Rick gave credits in the actual video, which proves that he didn't claim it as his. I'm not stupid enough to not realize that. It was to exemplify that people who don't purchase the products and see the credits will understand it like that.

Seriously, I thought that this topic on the matter of me saying slight variation or not has been quite solved and I didn't bother expanding on it to keep things on track as well. Well, is it now?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
This debate evolved into something bigger after I mistakenly said 'slight variation', which I admitted several times and apologized for. That should be pretty clear, even to you.
see, you really wanna try to be accurate, especially when quoting yourself! Or else it looks like you're confusing things yet again. You even put 'slight variation' in quotations, strongly implying that you actually said that, and that this is all it was that started the drama, just one innocent mention of a "slight variation"; not really misleading at all, if that were the case, but it wasn't..

Then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
I didn't explicitly say the word, but I described it enough to communicate that
Surprise, surprise! Well as long as that's cleared up then. You didn't actually say it was a slight variation but we should have known you meant that Silly me! And when you said something so clear as "Rick Lax knew very well that this is called the Bow-to-Stern Control", why would anyone be confused and think you meant there was no difference between his move and the BTS?

"That is pretty much true. That suggests I implied 'slight variation'."

Well, that's nice and clear. You wouldn't make a good lawyer. You see, I ain't a mind reader and to me all you communicated was a confusing picture about the move and made a couple of misleading statements. If you don't believe that they were misleading then there's not much more to be said.

----
Ps. I don't want to irritate anyone by holding them to account for what was actually said, (rather than suggested or implied), so I'll leave this mantra as my final contribution to this thread:

"Crediting is very important! Be sure to always get your facts straight when talking about crediting, especially when criticising others, about crediting!!"
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote