Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
Richard
Product manager

Quote:
I asked the brewmaster at work who is a brilliant mathematician.

It depends on how you look at it.
For the people that have watched and voted, I have 842 positive which means .615% of the viewers liked my video.
Tommy has 408 positives which comes out to .419% of the viewers that voted, liked it.

Now, out of all the people that voted for me, 874. 96% liked it.
Tommy comes out to 98.5% of all votes liked his.

Another way to look at it is:
The negative ratings cancel out the positive ones.
MY VIDEO
842 Positive
-32 negative
810 total positive ratings

TOMMY"S VIDEO
408 Positive
- 6 negative
402 total positive ratings

I have approx. twice as many positives as Tommy But I have 29% more views so if you take 29% of my positives away it gives me approx. 597 positives to Tommy's 408.
My video is still higher rated.

So will I change my poster? No.. But Tommy is getting close.
I hope you came up with that latter way of looking at it by yourself. What if there would be a video of the routine with as many views as yours but with 2700 ratings instead, 900 being negative? Indeed, only two-third of the voters liked it and it is rated 3.3 out of 5 stars, yet according to you it would be the highest rated because 1800 positive ones minus 900 negative ones equals 900 and that is still more positive ones than you have.

And unlike the others, you make a lot of profit out of barely and non-related video tags, including but not limited to "Tutorial explained sleight of hand cheat expose tutorial teach learn how-to instruction card trick world record best".

I really hope that this does not explain why you earlier posted about not minding free magic tutorials, because apparently those bring you a lot of views. As far as YouTube Insight tells, you received thousands of viewers from people looking for tutorial-related tags only.

I am sorry but everything that was said in my main post stays valid and has now been validated.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote