Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Theatre > In The Streets > Coin magic
Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
Fruglemonkey

Sorry, I don't really understand. What's the definition of 'exposure', here? I see other people talking about how they have tutorials available and such, does that count as exposure?

I'm assuming that blatantly revealing an original technique/routine is considered exposure (For example, exposing one of Mark's routines), but what if the magician has posted a tutorial of their own trick? What if it's a tutorial of something commonly known, such as a muscle pass? Is it still exposure, then?

I thought my link wouldn't be counted as exposure, because, AFAIK, it's the original content of the youtube author.

Or is it that any links to tutorials/reveals are unallowed, here? I checked the rules, they're pretty vague on the issue.
Fruglemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruglemonkey View Post
Sorry, I don't really understand. What's the definition of 'exposure', here? I see other people talking about how they have tutorials available and such, does that count as exposure?

I'm assuming that blatantly revealing an original technique/routine is considered exposure (For example, exposing one of Mark's routines), but what if the magician has posted a tutorial of their own trick? What if it's a tutorial of something commonly known, such as a muscle pass? Is it still exposure, then?

I thought my link wouldn't be counted as exposure, because, AFAIK, it's the original content of the youtube author.

Or is it that any links to tutorials/reveals are unallowed, here? I checked the rules, they're pretty vague on the issue.
No exposure means (at least in this forum) to not provide any hints or direct revelations to how a certain trick or sleight is performed. This includes any type of exposure, such as words, urls, video tutorials, etc.

The reason is that even though the secret behind a trick or sleight may be obvious to a magician, this is a public forum. This means that non-magicians can just as well just come into this forum and get information out of here we don't want them to get. And we all know what Mark thinks about exposure
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote