Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Going back to the topic of Mark's friend, he really has no right to be forcing his belief on others. It's a choice. It will be great if people willfully accept the existence of a superior being due to them going through their own experiences. But that's all that is.
Hey now, my friend hasn't forced his belief on anyone. Or were you talking about the other guy because what he does is getting a lot closer to that, lol.

But yeah, I personally do believe in a bigger force unknown to mankind, and either the moment we people get to know about it or the moment we figured out the secret of life that comes along with it is the moment the world is coming to an end. The reason I believe this is because there still are too many things to question about our existence and I believe there is an answer to everything, yet I really doubt anyone would be able to handle an answer to all questions. Maybe the bigger force I mean is just the force that comes with that answer.

However, I personally think that this force isn't in control of much that happens, really. But I have witnessed some people achieving way more by actually believing in it so it can definitely be a support to those who need or want it. The only problems I have is when people either stuff their belief up anyone's throat, when they don't allow others to think differently or when they blame the force for whatever goes wrong.

I was raised as a Catholic because my nine year older sister wanted to be one at the age of seven so I didn't have much of a choice. I do understand my parents their decision though but when looking back at it I'd rather have had the same choice my sister had cause then I would've decided differently. However, I haven't practiced the religion all that much, especially not after I turned 11.

Apart from the force as described above, there is not much for me to believe but scientifically proven facts and things I witnessed for myself. I don't believe much of the stories within the Bible either, although the deeper meanings to it are and should be very valuable to everyone. It's just kind of funny to me that pretty much everything Jesus did or witnessed was already described by way older religions. To me, that's close to evidence that the stories and miracles are all just a figure of speech. Jesus probably wasn't much but a great talker for his time. That's just my take on it, please don't take it too serious if it offends you and I'm sorry if it does.

Sorry for the whole lot of text.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote