Mark

User channel on YouTube

Let me post the Theory11 thing from Facebook including their motivations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
i figured it out!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theory11
‎Not sure if you're joking or not, but it's important to respect creators in magic. Watching someone else's routine being performed does not provide you with the legal or ethical right to perform it.
Quote:
Don't trip it's not like I go around revealing tricks... Performing is bad now? Isn't that why we buy the tricks? To perform?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theory11
Yes, we do - but you specifically wrote that you were going to perform the effect *without* purchasing it, which is the equivalent of taking and using an idea that is not yours. It's important to be mindful of the creator (Dalton, in this case) and perform with proper respect to the guy that created the idea.

It's $5 - and if you plan to use the idea, then that's a very small price to pay. I spent more this morning at Starbucks!
Quote:
Yes I understand that, but if I figured it out isn't that a win win? It's good fr me considering I figuredit out and win for you Consiering when I perform it I mention th creator and more peep will buy
I especially find the "but you specifically wrote that you were going to perform the effect *without* purchasing it" kind of strange because that is absolutely nowhere to be read.

But yeah, on a more serious note, I think they are right about being mindful of the creator, sure. That they think buying the effect is part of that goes right over my head though, especially when realizing they are the ones making money with it themselves. Let them give 95+% profit to the creators first before making such statements.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote