Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
mrandms

User channel on YouTube
Default Please tell me the creators of these.

Hi guys, if you know the creator of these techniques and effects, please tell me.

1. half-pass
2. pinky count
3. vanishing deck(http://www.izzywizzymagic.co.uk/brom...hing-deck.html)
4. Dreamweaver by Enchantment(http://www.magicproshop.com/products...antment-trick/)

what I want to know is who created the techniques or ideas.

thanks
mrandms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
MysteryHand
Card Player with Mystery

User channel on YouTube

Half Pass: many magicians made their own way to do half pass like aaron fisher,Ken Krenzel,...
Pinky Count: a classic move. No one knows who is the creator
Other, I don't know !
MysteryHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Neat question as the first two are really classic and usually no credits are given for those. That said, let me try to help you out here.

1. The 'Half Pass' was first described in 1786 by Henri Decremps Pinetti. This, however, is not the move as it is usually done nowadays, but it is the usually-given source.

2. The 'Pinky Count' is usually credited to Hofzinser though it is likely to be a lot older. Marlo also put some touches to it.

3. This famous 'Vanishing Deck' is Rob Bromley's, hence it is known as the 'Bromley Vanishing Deck'.

4. From what I know (and see), 'Dreamweaver' is really just a mix of several classic safety pin links. Usually Jerry Andrus and Slydini are to be credited for these. I am pretty sure Enchantment themselves would be the ones to credit the correct sources.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
mrandms

User channel on YouTube

Wow, quick reply! thank you very much guys for answering my questions.

> 1. The 'Half Pass' was first described in 1786 by Henri Decremps Pinetti. This, however, is not the move as it is usually done nowadays, but it is the usually-given source.

you mean credit of half pass is unknown, right?

> 2. The 'Pinky Count' is usually credited to Hofzinser though it is likely to be a lot older. Marlo also put some touches to it.

I was heard yesterday from one of my friends that pinky count usually credited to Steranko On Cards by Jim Steranko. So, which is correct?

> 3. This famous 'Vanishing Deck' is Rob Bromley's, hence it is known as the 'Bromley Vanishing Deck'.

You mean vanishing deck is always credited to Rob Bromley not to Jorker Magic below, right?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S2276

> 4. From what I know (and see), 'Dreamweaver' is really just a mix of several classic safety pin links. Usually Jerry Andrus and Slydini are to be credited for these. I am pretty sure Enchantment themselves would be the ones to credit the correct sources.

thank you very much.

this forum is so great!

thanks
mrandms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrandms View Post
> 1. The 'Half Pass' was first described in 1786 by Henri Decremps Pinetti. This, however, is not the move as it is usually done nowadays, but it is the usually-given source.

you mean credit of half pass is unknown, right?
Yes, though if you wish to credit anyone, credit Henri Decremps.. or the person who came up with the variation closest to the 'Half Pass' you perform.

Quote:
> 2. The 'Pinky Count' is usually credited to Hofzinser though it is likely to be a lot older. Marlo also put some touches to it.

I was heard yesterday from one of my friends that pinky count usually credited to Steranko On Cards by Jim Steranko. So, which is correct?
Hofzinser died before Steranko was born, and was known to use the 'Pinky Count'. I figured Steranko indeed is credited by some but I bet you that it is older than him (and likely older than Hofzinser too as said).

Quote:
> 3. This famous 'Vanishing Deck' is Rob Bromley's, hence it is known as the 'Bromley Vanishing Deck'.

You mean vanishing deck is always credited to Rob Bromley not to Jorker Magic below, right?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S2276
Indeed, this particular type of deck vanish is Bromley's. It seems like Joker Magic just made a sturdier, longer-lasting version of it.

Quote:
thank you very much.

this forum is so great!

thanks
No problem. And glad you like the forum though we are barely active these days (but that should change fairly soon).
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote