Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #41
WTFBlackMagic

User channel on YouTube

I will place a video up tommorow and you can message me on YouTube with what you think
WTFBlackMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #42
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Making an apology video shouldn't be dependent on some kind of bargain.

To be honest, I wouldn't buy it as you are making one solely to get rid of this thread (at least it seems like that to me). Even a younger person like Benji took the initiative to make an apology video without any of us prompting him to because he truly felt he was wrong.

Be aware that being magicians with lots of live experiences mean that we are pretty damn good at cold reading people. We can get a very good grasp in if you mean something or not when you say it, in reading people's expressions, their body language, and more. If you truly were planning to make a heartfelt apology video, then go ahead. But if your purpose was to make one was just to get rid of this, we probably won't get rid of this ever.

Please consider hard what you really have done wrong. We aren't trying to merely scold you. You are hurting other people. Hope you realize that.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #43
BenjiTaylor

User channel on YouTube

Thank-you Albert and Mark. WTFblackmagic, as Albert said in the previous post I did not have a "deal" for when I made my sorry video. I was upset, VERY UPSET and I had been for a while. I sat down with a camera on my own accord and for 6 minutes explained what I had done wrong and even gave people the option for me to delete my channel. The thread about me is still on here but I don't mind because at least it says "solved". Personally in my opinion, you should really THINK about what you have done FIRST and then make a video because as Albert said, if it doesn't come from your heart people will be able to see by your body language if you really believe what you are saying.
BenjiTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #44
Mark

User channel on YouTube

The fact that your latest contest video is still online, public and running, says enough already. Even if you make a video today, you will not be taken serious, especially not by us.

Even if your latest contest is real, it still is extremely fraudulent. You talk about giving away "three decks, and maybe four if the winning entry is good enough", later on saying "and maybe even more decks, depending on how good the entry is". That is not how you run a contest, and there is no reason in trusting that the winner gets the amount of decks he deserves because you are the only one to judge.

I have to quote part of SGExtremist's comment to your latest contest video: "Do you have NO SHAME?" If truly regretting, the very least you would have done is running another contest, especially if there is no trust left. Let's face it here, you never had the art as a priority. All you are on YouTube for is virtual popularity and fame, which is also why you have reently been uploading other company's trailers and such. Be honest to yourself first, before acting to be honest to the rest of the world.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #45
WTFBlackMagic

User channel on YouTube

okay, I had time to sleep on it. I have decided to remove the contest and not to upload another for three months. only videos of the art shall be uploaded.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #46
Mark

User channel on YouTube

When I watched your apology video I thought: "Okay, fair enough, he said more than what we asked for, good for him.", even though it wasn't as emotional as Benji's video but fine.. to each their own.. at least you said it all, and much more. Major props to you!

But then I logged in to MSN, only to received a whole lot of offline messages from a friend ranting about the video due to quite some things, which destroyed absolutely everything I thought.

Apparently you deleted quite a lot of comments from the video (which shows because there are replies to comments that are not there), you turned off the likes and dislikes because apparently there were loads of dislikes, you turned off comment ratings because some of the more negative comments got most thumbs up, you used your second or your friend's channel 'TehRobertHD' to back yourself up with your alter ego (apparently as always, because I remember this happening in your previous contest videos too), and last but not least you uploaded a new video not even an hour after the apology video (most likely to draw away attention from the apology video).

May it be clear that you probably deserved absolutely everything people said in the comments, no matter how positive or how negative it would be. You also deserved all dislikes. Someone who is truly sorry would realize that and would not do everything to hide negative comments and negative ratings. People can be tough, and I had even warned you already that a video would probably be too late. You made the decision to make one, you did a great job on that, and then.. you wasted it. All you had to do is leave things at the apology video the way they were and step over it like a man.. like someone with guts. Then, you would have been forgiven.

So now I'm extremely afraid that in three months you will start all over again. If even after such an apology video you seem to do absolutely everything to show you don't really regret it and you keep manipulating things around, you probably don't regret it at all. You probably expect people to have long forgotten about the drama in three months.

I really hope you will prove me wrong. I really, really do. But whatever you have been doing only makes things worse and worse. How do you not realize that, even after all feedback you have gotten at previous videos?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #47
WTFBlackMagic

User channel on YouTube

I removed comments as they were very offensive towards me, they were about personal things and therefore they were removed, to what I know the ratings are still allowed, it's showing up on my computer.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

and yehroberthd is my friend channel, and I have nothing to do with it
Old 12-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #48
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

The video is gone... just spent about 2 minutes reading the thread from beginning to end.

•People who talk and never do: The Lower Class

•People who talk and do at the same time: The Middle Class

•People who do before they ever talk: The Upper Class

A real man does not need to talk. We are the upper class."

-Joseph Lau
TheMisdirectingHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #49
Mark

User channel on YouTube

In the meantime, Jorden decided to run another fake contest. The video and results have been deleted already as could be seen here and through Google. This is the excuse and lie he came up with this time: "The results video was up a few weeks ago and the video was deleted after a week as the winners had contacted me."

He obviously did not learn anything. It's been pretty much exactly a year now and he got back to it as if absolutely nothing ever happened. Never, absolutely never again should he and his contests be trusted.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #50
Admin

User channel on YouTube

We want you all to know that still absolutely nothing has changed since. Jordan now trades magic DVDs, pirated copies of them to be exact:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFBlackMagic
I can send them through the post of email.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #51
Exscaly

Wow. I guess this is something else that we should take action in? I already see a few comments on such things. Is it possible to report people like this to YouTube themselves, and hopefully suspend them?
Exscaly is offline   Reply With Quote