Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube
Default YouTube Cosmic Panda

I doubt that any of you hasn't noticed this yet, but YouTube changed their design to Cosmic Panda. And as always, people start complaining about changes, just for the sake of it, because we live in a complaint-society.

That said, I would really like to know what you think of it. Be honest, you can still dislike the new design, just don't dislike it for no reason.

Personally, I really like it. It's so easy to get used to and the navigation is faster than ever. There are some bugs that need to be taken care of, but I reported all of these already so I hope YouTube will take care of them like they usually do.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
KGaborMagic
K. Gábor

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

I don't like it
For example there are no icons for the actions anymore (new videos, thumbsups, favoriting...), so you can't tell the difference just from the icons (if that makes sense).
P.S.: Plus it looks like that the videos are slow and laggy now. This is so bad
KGaborMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
oliver

I like it. It's very simple and clear. I would only have a problem, if they changed the look of the channels.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
theheron

Donor Score: 50
User channel on YouTube

I like it the only problem I'm having is getting used to the menu on the left, but overall, I like everything in one place, but still separate
Old 12-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
PianothShaveck

User channel on YouTube

I like it because it really easy to use. The only thing I don't really like is that dark red (probably the only thing I dislike, so it's not a problem).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGaborMagic View Post
I don't like it
For example there are no icons for the actions anymore (new videos, thumbsups, favoriting...), so you can't tell the difference just from the icons (if that makes sense).
P.S.: Plus it looks like that the videos are slow and laggy now. This is so bad
Well, you can try to watch them in bad quality

Pianoth Eakňs Shaveck (real name Aldo Roberto Pessolano)
PianothShaveck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
KGaborMagic
K. Gábor

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by PianothShaveck View Post
Well, you can try to watch them in bad quality
Even in bad quality it's laggy (while with the old yt it was perfect even in full HD)
Also when you upload a video, it doesn't show how much time is left (which is the most important thing in uploading videos, and even in the most random Hungarian video sharing sites there's this option, so I don't know why YT removed it). Also you can't remove the useless recommended channels.
The biggest thing I don't like in this new youtube design is that there are those unremoveable googleplus and facebook thingys, like if everybody was on those 'community' sites. Same with the 'Feed' menu on the channels. They don't realise that now youtube is just another random 'community' site, but it used to be the biggest video sharing site, and that's what I miss.
That's my opinion.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
PianothShaveck

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGaborMagic View Post
Even in bad quality it's laggy (while with the old yt it was perfect even in full HD)
Also when you upload a video, it doesn't show how much time is left (which is the most important thing in uploading videos, and even in the most random Hungarian video sharing sites there's this option, so I don't know why YT removed it). Also you can't remove the useless recommended channels.
The biggest thing I don't like in this new youtube design is that there are those unremoveable googleplus and facebook thingys, like if everybody was on those 'community' sites. Same with the 'Feed' menu on the channels. They don't realise that now youtube is just another random 'community' site, but it used to be the biggest video sharing site, and that's what I miss.
That's my opinion.
Everything you said is true and I agree. However, the recommended channels and social networks are both in the left side, so they shouldn't bother you.
I mean, if you think that youtube shouldn't be a 'community' site it's not a problem, you should use youtube like you want.

Pianoth Eakňs Shaveck (real name Aldo Roberto Pessolano)
PianothShaveck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

i personally don't care, it's the same to me anyways, i haven't seen anything new but the thingy on the left.
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #9
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver View Post
I would only have a problem, if they changed the look of the channels.
Uhhmm? That has happened too, lol. But maybe you didn't notice because at this moment in time people chan choose whether their channel uses the new design or not, or because you already used the Cosmic Panda beta (which has been out for quite some months already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandbob55 View Post
This is most likely caused by your JavaScript cache, not by YouTube. At the previous YouTube changes, a lot of people said they had that problem too but a day later it seemed solved for everyone without YouTube changing a single thing. Your browser software probably needs to get used to it again.

Quote:
Also when you upload a video, it doesn't show how much time is left (which is the most important thing in uploading videos, and even in the most random Hungarian video sharing sites there's this option, so I don't know why YT removed it).
I don't know why, but I can still see it, and at my non-partner channels too. You can always click the link to go back to the other, older uploaders and then you wouldn't have any problems with that at all. There are enough outs for this so I could barely call that an issue.

Quote:
Also you can't remove the useless recommended channels.
At least the Feed is about the person in question, not over-exposed like on Twitter and Facebook. It tells you exactly what the person in question has been up to and what has changed on his channel recently. And if this person feels like his privacy gets exposed too much, he can change this easily in the settings of what he wants to share and what not. This is what a Feed is and should be, unlike at the other social networks.

I guess the recommended channels will eventually be deletable.

Quote:
That's my opinion.
Fair enough. But yeah, be sure not to blame YouTube for things they can't do anything about like the laggy videos. The current design is not really harder on your system is the previous one.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #10
Kelan
kittydakat

I don't like the look of it for the simple reason of me not liking change.
Kelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #11
oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver
I would only have a problem, if they changed the look of the channels.
Uhhmm? That has happened too, lol. But maybe you didn't notice because at this moment in time people chan choose whether their channel uses the new design or not, or because you already used the Cosmic Panda beta (which has been out for quite some months already).
Hm, okay, but as long as we can decide which design we want, everything's fine.xD
Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #12
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver View Post
Hm, okay, but as long as we can decide which design we want, everything's fine.xD
This will eventually happen. The new design isn't all that bad though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelan View Post
I don't like the look of it for the simple reason of me not liking change.
Oh c'mon.. just.. look at it...

I'm sure you'll like it now.. after seeing that.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
KGaborMagic
K. Gábor

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
This is most likely caused by your JavaScript cache, not by YouTube. At the previous YouTube changes, a lot of people said they had that problem too but a day later it seemed solved for everyone without YouTube changing a single thing. Your browser software probably needs to get used to it again.
Yeah, you're right. Looks like it's good now.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #14
Kelan
kittydakat

Lolz Mark, I love it now! XD
Kelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
Asad
Phantom At the Card Table

User channel on YouTube

I approve of it. I really love what they did the channel design. Playlists are actually user friendly now it seems!
Asad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #16
ItsMagicITellYou
~Z~

User channel on YouTube

maybe its just because im not used to it yet, but i preferred the old design, it was a lot easier to keep up with your subscriptions. i have to say aesthetically it definitley looks better though