Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #101
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

All we can do is sit back and watch. Let's see where this ride ends, shall we?

•People who talk and never do: The Lower Class

•People who talk and do at the same time: The Middle Class

•People who do before they ever talk: The Upper Class

A real man does not need to talk. We are the upper class."

-Joseph Lau
TheMisdirectingHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #102
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMisdirectingHand View Post
All we can do is sit back and watch. Let's see where this ride ends, shall we?
I have my popcorn and coke ready. Haven't seen a comedy-drama in a while.

All silliness aside, I think this ride won't ever end. Jonathan will always be frustrated due to the fact this thread will stay up, especially when figuring out that manipulating the facts wasn't the smartest thing for him to do and will eventually only cause more people to dislike him.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #103
s13zeTheDay

User channel on YouTube

I won't do it without your consent, but I think someone should post a link to this forum on the video.

--Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study In Scarlet
s13zeTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #104
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Nah, eventually someone will show up and do it for us. I don't think we should boost it ourselves or else we'd be looking like the bad guys.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #105
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Remember David's signature:

"There are three types of people in this world;

-Joseph Lau
Old 03-16-2011, 01:16 AM   #106
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

Thank you Albert

I think Seize is correct though. Why don't we let them know about the forum? They will be able to see for themselves what Jonathan really is. Their opinion is their own. We cannot change it, but the least we can do is provide the facts and evidence in front of them.

-Joseph Lau
TheMisdirectingHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #107
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

You are right. But you see, there are 2 possibilities why he didn't reveal the forums:
1) To try and stay respectful (which is very contradictory);
2) To try and make sure he gets his voice out there without revealing his faults.

Let Jonathan "shower" in his fame and glory for a bit more.

The most valuable lesson I've learned with the issue between Johnny and Jonathan was that whoever loses their temper first is the one who actually admits their faults (not that I believe we were at fault in the first place... maybe we did snicker at them a bit ).

To be honest, I'm personally a real strong-headed or stubborn person myself. But I know how to control that when I need to. Even if I know for sure I'm right, if the other party refuses to give up, I'll just let it be most of the time. Preferably, I would try and reason myself with why these people are saying these sort of things and actually open myself up to learn from my mistakes. But I don't believe that Jonathan was trying to reason with himself. It was like he is a door that allows nothing in, but allows everything inside out.

From a bystander's point of view (with bias reduced as much as possible), which I kind of am since I've never participated in direct conversations with him, he is very stubborn. My first impression of him after reading the first few pages were:
1) He hates disses against him;
2) He tries to make himself seem better than he actually is;
3) He is skillful, no doubt, and experienced; but doesn't really understand how to handle seemingly younger or inferior people as "people". He knows his stuff when he comes to spectators, I'm sure. He has been doing magic for 27 years according to him.
4) His mindset is too narrow. He should open up more. Criticism means "the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, etc."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
"I NEVER care what magicians think about my magic. Their view is tainted by their knowledge of magic. I only listen to my lay audiences. That is one of the secrets to being a great magician"
If this is the case, why would you even consider deleting the comments that don't give positive feedbacks? Criticism is not only used in a negative sense. People aren't stupid enough to mindlessly give "criticism" to experienced people. They believe they are providing him with constructive criticism and then, it gets deleted. I would feel pretty upset at how my voice was shriveled up in an instant, not because it was ignored, but because it was considered useless, pathetic, and garbage.
5) He doesn't want to be wrong.

I'm sure Jonathan's a great guy and all, but from seeing this, that's all I can say. I haven't seem the best of his side, but only seen the bad side of him
Old 03-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #108
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

Well, like David said, let's sit back and watch whatever Jonathan and his supporters will act like, the ride should be ending within the next week or two, when all the smart people realizes the truth.
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #109
GloriousMagic

User channel on YouTube

Hmm... Recently saw Kammagic's video, and was so infuriated by the 'haters'!

Then I realised that the 'haters' turned out to be DarkSleightZ!

I then proceeded to read the forum, and was shocked to know about Jonathan's arrogance and his dishonest behaviour, to make his subscribers take his side.

Seriously, I think that one should not be so over-bearing and arrogant, but should be receptive to new ideas. Just because he has 27 years of experience and is quite skilful, does not mean he is the best and he is always right.

True enough, it is his channel and his video, so nobody has the authority to prevent him from deleting useful comments. But that will not change the opinion of others. Imagine how other people will look at him after they read this forum. That may be the reason why Jonathan does not dare to notify his subscribers about this forum.

I do not think that there is a need to continue on with this argument, since Jonathan's ear are shut to valuable opinions. By the way, Mark and Albert are certainly no amateurs=)

P.S. I apologise for my typo errrors
GloriousMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #110
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousMagic View Post
That may be the reason why Jonathan does not dare to notify his subscribers about this forum.
I think we can be sure of that. If this was actually a forum made to hate on him, Jonathan could've just linked to it and have his subscribers kill it. If he would do that in this case, his subscribers would find out the truth.. like you.. and would turn against him.

Thanks for joining and letting us know about it.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #111
michi

I did link the forums to people who commented to kammagics video. looks like people agree with this thread. some statements from PMs:

'i agree, but i still love Jonathan, he is one of my favorite magicians on YouTube'

'I agree Jonathan Kamm is EXTREMELY talented and has obviously put in the hard hours to become this good. Though i notice when i watch his videos and see the comments he always reply's to them by kind of correcting them and in my opinion trying to play god.
I hope this makes sense.'

'I guess Jonathan just took it out of proportion.'
michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #112
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

Ah... I see. I was wondering why there were so many guests viewing the threads the last few days.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #113
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Thanks a bunch, michi! I appreciate your honesty and that you did this, being a true supporter of Jonathan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Here is a great quote sent in by one of my subscribers.

"It doesn’t matter how many people don’t get it. What matters is how many people do."

Bravo!
I think this would be a good closer. It's great to see that his supporters get what we are saying in here while Jonathan himself doesn't get it. It's not about him not getting it, it's about all the people including his supporters who actually get it.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #114
MeandmagiC

User channel on YouTube

He removed the comment and posted it again with "This is referring to haters. Haters don't get it. They don't understand. All that should matter to you are the people who like you."

does he really not see he is the only person hating and not understanding it? while everyone else does?
MeandmagiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #115
Mark

User channel on YouTube

I wonder if the subscriber in question actually meant it that way. However, I'd like to point out something else from the comment section:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreyuitalmelo
You say they just hate and don't have any arguments, but that is incorrect as you can see on the so-called 'haters-forum', you can ask mister niceguy here for the link, if he dares to give it.

Besides, you are manipulating people, you give them false information and you remove negative comments, how else could 17 people dislike with only positive comments?

You'll propably delete this one too, but I hope you don't, it would be very nice since there is nothing wrong or inappropiate
See what I have to deal with subscribers. Jeffrey you guys have your forum where you can post all the opinions you want. This is my forum where I get to post mine. You made your bed. Now "lie" in it.
I don't even know Jeffrey.. and I'm pretty sure he's not a member of this board either.

If Jonathan thinks that either his supporters or we are actually dumb and that he can make up things to win souls like he did in the video, he sure doesn't know what he's actually doing.

But I guess we did our job well because we even got approval of his own supporters and subscribers now who apparently noticed the exact same things we wrote in here. He can continu manipulating whatever he wants but it won't get him anywhere.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #116
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

*sigh* It's not very hard to admit your own mistake is it? I mean, compared to losing all faith from your loyal subscribers.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #117
Mark

User channel on YouTube

He already said he doesn't care about subscribers/virtual supporters, didn't he?

But I'm glad to see that they said they will keep supporting him for his magic, the way it's supposed to be.. just like what we said in here already. We don't want him to lose magic supporters, neither ones who support his magic just on the internet.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #118
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

You are right Mark. You are right.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #119
michi

after many more positive replies i get this: 'i dont subscribe to anyone who blindly hates someone else. Mark for instance is a total douche. i will not "join".'

i didnt ask to subscribe anyone and he says he doesnt blindly hate but calls Mark a total douch!??!?!
michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #120
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

Don't worry too much about it. It's just self-serving bias in play. Some people just really hate to be proved wrong. I do too sometimes. I'm sure Mark won't take it personally

But thanks for letting us know michi