Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
LittleLead
The New Guy

User channel on YouTube
Default Hmmm Im a little confused

Kammagic is selling this control here, it looks kinda similar to one that Mark posted in a different forum.

LittleLead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLead View Post
Kammagic is selling this control here, it looks kinda similar to one that Mark posted in a different forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b8Dx..._order&list=UL
Haha yeah, I just posted that vid today on the spring control thread too.

Don't know if he ever saw the spring control though by Mark...
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

i think it's different, usually, if you spring a deck with a card in a certain position, it will reverse itself when you're springing and leaves no evidence of anything every happening. That's the principle Kam used( i think), but Mark had his card face down when he did it.
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

The mechanics behind both moves look different. Kamm's looks more suspicious, though.

•People who talk and never do: The Lower Class

•People who talk and do at the same time: The Middle Class

•People who do before they ever talk: The Upper Class

A real man does not need to talk. We are the upper class."

-Joseph Lau
TheMisdirectingHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
LittleLead
The New Guy

User channel on YouTube

So kamm messaged me after I left a comment on his video..

You wrote:
"The only thing that makes me wonder about this is what will the spectator think? You put a card in face up but it magically turns face down? It doesnt make much sense to me. And Markhilkemeijer has a control exactly like this but the card is put in face up. Just wondering you know."

Its a unique control. The card goes in one way and appears on top of the deck flipped the opposite way. If you don't think a spectator would be amazed by a card going in the center then instantly appearing face up on top of the deck then I guess I can't help you. Its not meant to replace any control you already use. It's simply another weapon in your arsenal.

As far as Mark having something exactly like this I say you are mistaken. Mark can't do half the things he shows in his videos.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLead View Post
Its a unique control. The card goes in one way and appears on top of the deck flipped the opposite way. If you don't think a spectator would be amazed by a card going in the center then instantly appearing face up on top of the deck then I guess I can't help you. Its not meant to replace any control you already use. It's simply another weapon in your arsenal.
I hope he realizes that he put the card in the deck face up and then made it appear face down on top. Either way it wouldn't make much sense in my honest opinion.

Even a faced up pass would do better than a suspicious springing action with the card ending up face up on the deck, both actually showing and proving a move has occured. And why not putting the card in the deck face up and have it appear face up if you'd like to do that anyways?

Quote:
As far as Mark having something exactly like this I say you are mistaken. Mark can't do half the things he shows in his videos.
For some reason, I feel like blaming it on the State of Illinois instead. I doubt Johnny and Jonathan have ever met each other. Two 'kings' in one area? That can't be good. And it's not that Jonathan actually had to add that additional sentence.

I think I'm very proud of the 'Spring Control' not being like 'Sprink'.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
MeandmagiC

User channel on YouTube

True true.
what does kamm mean with: "Mark can't do half the things he shows in his videos."
I mean, wth, he has a video, so he can do it ? xD
I will never understand that fellow properly...
MeandmagiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kammagic
WTF... what's that supposed to mean? So he's saying that either:
1) Mark performs by fluke, or
2) In the videos, that isn't Mark who is performing, or
3) Jonathan is going senile...

I think Kammagic's still got some grudge against Mark... Come on... I mean seriously, we are more mature than him in terms of respectfulness and jealousy-control...

Actually, yesterday, I was playing around with the repulse control and came up with a repulse/spring top control too and it looks almost the same as Mark's I bet it's inferior to Mark's original one, but still thought it was neat haha
Old 01-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Actually, yesterday, I was playing around with the repulse control and came up with a repulse/spring top control too and it looks almost the same as Mark's I bet it's inferior to Mark's original one, but still thought it was neat haha
I really doubt that it was inferior, but I actually think that it's quite similar to what I did, apart from using the 'Repulse Control'. Want to put it on your upcoming release too?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #10
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I really doubt that it was inferior, but I actually think that it's quite similar to what I did, apart from using the 'Repulse Control'. Want to put it on your upcoming release too?
Haha omg you are trying to kill me! Of course, it's a joke xD

Well, it's actually not that much different than the "P-application". You do that, and do the spring and release and it works like that. I'll put up a video on this forum tomorrow since I forgot my webcam. I was going to record it yesterday so I was so disappointed

Oh and I've been working on the Ego and Cardini change and came up with a mix variation that ends clean (meaning no bottom cleanup). I'll put that on here too tomorrow.

I've actually been getting a lot of decent ideas lately. I have so much I want to share right now...
Old 01-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #11
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Haha omg you are trying to kill me! Of course, it's a joke xD

Well, it's actually not that much different than the "P-application". You do that, and do the spring and release and it works like that. I'll put up a video on this forum tomorrow since I forgot my webcam. I was going to record it yesterday so I was so disappointed

Oh and I've been working on the Ego and Cardini change and came up with a mix variation that ends clean (meaning no bottom cleanup). I'll put that on here too tomorrow.

I've actually been getting a lot of decent ideas lately. I have so much I want to share right now...
Haha, I totally figured you used the "P-application" for it.
Can't wait for the vids! Be sure to make them forum exclusives!

PS: Pushed the wrong button that you edited my post?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Haha, I totally figured you used the "P-application" for it.
Can't wait for the vids! Be sure to make them forum exclusives!

PS: Pushed the wrong button that you edited my post?
Haha of couse.

Yeah, I thought I pressed "quote" and started typing and saved it and I was like, "wait a minute... something looks very very wrong..."

I just accidentally pressed edit again before I quoted you
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
Mark

User channel on YouTube

No problem, you're still learning. Solved it.. somewhat.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #14
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
No problem, you're still learning. Solved it.. somewhat.
LOL that makes me look stupid xD

I'll go back to studying now
Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #15
LittleLead
The New Guy

User channel on YouTube

Yea it was pretty rude lolz
Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #16
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

I have many ideas... I just need to know how to actually make them work out in some way that doesn't include me blowing up my house with cards.

-Joseph Lau
Old 01-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #17
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMisdirectingHand View Post
I have many ideas... I just need to know how to actually make them work out in some way that doesn't include me blowing up my house with cards.
Woah, those are some damn explosive ideas (no pun intended... no actually, pun intended )
Old 01-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

I guess... I have some booming ideas myself then...

(No pun intended? You tell me )

-Joseph Lau
Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #19
LittleLead
The New Guy

User channel on YouTube

so I sent him a message back showing mark doing the slieght and this is what he said.

The move itself is not confusing. If the spectator gets confused that is the fault of the magician not presenting his effect correctly. I sell and teach my control. Plus I am a working professional. Mark is an amateur who can't do half the things he makes videos of. I have known mark several years he has never been able to prove himself. I would glady buy his effects but oddly none are available. I have never seen one live video of him performing anything. Until he can prove otherwise he appears to be a fraud. I know of no professionals that believe Mark is truly capable of the things he shows in his videos.

You claiming Mark can do somthing means absolutely nothing I'm afraid. If you were a well known trusted authority on magic than that would be different.

In this age of modern technology it would be a simple task for Mark to film himself performing on the street live for strangers. But he has never done such a thing. If Mark wants to be taken seriously then he needs to prove himself. So far he has not done this.

If you still claim Mark is legit I have two words for you. "PROVE IT!"

My response:

Right I forgot you have to be noticed in this community to be a magician. You cant just be some Jon Doe, you have to be someone that is highly respected. Why is that, you cant believe me? He has showed me revalations on many of his tricks and quite frankly they are pretty simple (most of the time)

Why do I need to be a well known trusted source? Im not lennart green or anything but im telling you he is legit.

"The move itself is not confusing. If the spectator gets confused that is the fault of the magician not presenting his effect correctly"

That is completley untrue, spectators are not dumb. If you put their card in the middle face up and it is no longer face up then that raises ALOT of suspicion regardless of how you present it my friend.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #20
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

If the way the "Spring" and the "Sprink" work is the very same as Albert's "P-application"( i'm not sure what that stands for, but i could only think of one way you could use the repulse control to get the end result of Mark's video), than Kam's might be better. Then again, after watching the performance again, i think that Mark's is still cleaner.
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote