Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > Magic Which?
Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #21
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0o9 View Post
CS is a good technique, but the change is only silent if you do it right, and the amount of people who do it right is quite little.
They must be doing something very wrong. If anyone here wants some pointers drop me a pm. I've been practising it for 3 days and I've got it totally silent. Strangely, I'm finding the toughest part to be the replacement
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #22
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

that's what's making your CS silent only after 3 days, if you have a hard time with the replacement, then you're doing something wrong( which BTW, is common for a beginner), and i have gone through this before myself( what exactly is hard about the replacement? after the actual shift, the card ends in an ideal position for the change with minimal finger movement), send me a video of you doing it the best you can, i will then help with what i can.
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #23
Kieran Oloughlin

Fin do you have surfaced? I could not do the clipshift until after two weeks of practcie and help from my other hand which I slowly removed until I was doing it one handed. If you are do something wrong watch the dvd HEAPS it took me heaps of views to really understand what I needed to do.
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #24
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Thanks for the advice guys although I think I worked out what I was doing wrong. The problem I was having ,la0o9, was that on replacement the next card down was sliding off a little, exposing it at the edge. I have fixed this by working on my grip and by using a little less pressure. As is usually the case with these things I needed to relax a little. I just need to keep practising. I made alot more progress last night after a few more hours in front of the mirror. I now have everything except the speed and consistency, which I'm sure will come with time and more practise. Can't wait to get it perfected! I might still take you up on kind the offer of help thanks la0o9. Any tips from someone who's been doing this for a while are sure to be welcome
Old 06-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #25
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

i'll send a video of the tips ^^
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
Old 07-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #26
7larz7

User channel on YouTube

I invented a color change. I haven't mastered it yet. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaVu7Rmj_SA
7larz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #27
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

Donor Score: 50
User channel on YouTube

I'm not some master magician or anything, but I'm not sure if that is possible with the lack of cover and the quickness of the change with no notable finger movements. Is it a normal deck or some sort of gimmicked deck? Because that just seems too fast, clean, and smooth for the lack of cover displayed. I mean no disrespect by this btw, just wondering.
Travmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #28
Kieran Oloughlin

WOW! That snap change was awesome!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #29
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

ok... that was good... but i don't think you'd call that clean( not if you did what i think you did)
Old 07-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #30
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

Donor Score: 50
User channel on YouTube

Yeah that is exactly what i was thinking
Travmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #31
Fin

User channel on YouTube

lol. It isn't the snap change and it certainly isn't "clean"! But hell yeah; it's great if you're happy with a trick that can only be performed in a room on your own with a camera 6 inches from the deck.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #32
Kieran Oloughlin

Am I missing something here? How do you guys know how it is done. I have a few suspicions and if they are right they cannot be perfromed live
Old 07-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #33
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

If the method to this change is what I think it is, there is no way this can be performed live.

•People who talk and never do: The Lower Class

•People who talk and do at the same time: The Middle Class

•People who do before they ever talk: The Upper Class

A real man does not need to talk. We are the upper class."

-Joseph Lau
TheMisdirectingHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #34
Alexander

User channel on YouTube

My favourite color change is actually replacing the bottom palmed card on the top of the deck while the deck is facing up (so essentially it ends up like a clipshift). Oh, and I also use my clipshift as a color change, it's great.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #35
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

a classic palm-slap color change huh? the one i like the second best of all the things i can do is the same thing but not done with a classic palm so we pretty much have the same taste
Old 07-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #36
Alexander

User channel on YouTube

Once the card is bottom palmed, you can replace onto the top in many ways, actually. I use a rubbing motion.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #37
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

what i meant was that i don't like the unnatural-ness of the classic palm, with the palm i use it would seem like i'm simply moving my hand over the top of the deck, even the load is quicker than a normal palm.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:40 AM   #38
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Sometimes the classic palm color change fools me BAAAAD, because if you haven't noticed the palming then, BOOM, it just happens and looks like there has been ZERO setup. That is a powerful thing. I guess it all depends on who's doing it and how good their palm looks. Mmmmm gotta love a good palm!! xD
Old 07-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #39
Alexander

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin View Post
Sometimes the classic palm color change fools me BAAAAD, because if you haven't noticed the palming then, BOOM, it just happens and looks like there has been ZERO setup. That is a powerful thing. I guess it all depends on who's doing it and how good their palm looks. Mmmmm gotta love a good palm!! xD
Yeah, actually you made a good point. Check out the "Stroke change" performance from Benjamin Earl's Past Midnight DVD, that's it.

Tags
cards, colour change