Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #11
BCardician
Cris

User channel on YouTube

Sooo....Heya to all of you guys ! I'm Bizau, for those who don't know. I thought about stopping by and expressing my opinion regarding the entire matter.

First of all let's talk about "HighRise". I have talked with Rick about this weeks ago and I trust him when he tells me he came up with the move himself. There are quite some differences between my move and his move. I won't be telling in detail because that would be exposing the method but, I can say this: the finger positioning is different, in my move the card can still be seen in the middle after the card has been shown and also the illusion. He is correct when saying that this is an improvement on an existing principle (which I can't tell because I will be exposing the method). JB told be that weeks before even thinking about releasing the effect Rick consulted a number of magicians regarding the move(people like Jason England, Daniel Garcia, Apollo Robbins and also other great magicians which I can't remember because of my bad memory). I have watched the video and Rick gives about 2-3 minutes of Crediting and talks about the principle being old as hell(which is true), he does credit Ernest Earick and tells where the "Bow to Stern" Control can be found ("By Forces Unseen"). So basicly the guy did his job, you can't blame him for anything. You know, many times it happens that two minds think of the same idea, two minds from different parts of the world. You can't blame one for not knowing of the other.

Secondly, I would like to express my opinion regarding the all T11 matter. I have not read all of the posts entirely but I have skimmed them all. I think Mark was saying something about Steve helping out people from now and then when problems occurred. I have seen JB and Jason many times posting on the forums and helping out people. Also, their speed of responding to an email is amazing in comparative with other companies whom I won't mention. Yes, they do make mistakes. They're humans. The difference here is that they try and fix the mistakes they make. Sometimes it takes a little longer than other times I can't deny that.

Now I want to say some things from an T11 artist's point of view. I am very satisfied with how T11 treats their artists. There were some problems with me getting the check for the first month, so me and JB exchanged about 10 emails until we fixed the problem. He tried a lot of things to get the money to me and eventually we found the best method. When producing "Balean Twist" I was asked how much would I like the effect do go for, how to do the teaching, what to remove and what to add from the video and so on. Also, until now, they have sent the royalties no further than the 10th of the month( just as they promise ). I respect them for doing so. It shows that they are serious.

Regarding what Albert said(hey man ! we have to ketchup on things dude! ) about HighRise being a SLIGHT variation of the Bow to Stern move, i have to disagree. I personally hate the Bow to Stern control. It's unnatural( no one shows the card like that), it's angly and to top it off it's difficult as well. Once you've improved the handling,the angles and also made it more natural, don't you agree that it can't really be called a SLIGHT improvement? I'm just saying...
BCardician is offline   Reply With Quote