Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Ok so you're saying that Rick knew OF the bow-to-stern control? Or are you saying he actually told you that this release, High Rise, IS the bow-to-stern control, and that the two are one in the same? Sorry you've lost me.

But really, that makes no difference to my argument. The two moves are sufficiently different enough to warrant a new name, in my opinion, and I stand by it, having tried out BOTH moves. I would quote the details of the Bow-to-stern explanation alongside the details of High Rise explanation to help prove my point, but that would be exposure. Suffice to say, that anyone who seriously thinks the two controls are the same after actually researching them BOTH needs to get an eye test. Several MAJOR differences in finger positions, what I'd call "justifying movements" and general overall handling set the two moves wide apart. The Bow to stern is fiddly, unrefined, and far from smooth; whereas High Rise is clearly a move forward. The handling of High Rise makes more sense and is easier to perform well than the Bow to Stern. Let's compare the Hurricane vs the Erdnase change. Both achieve the same, both look quite similar in mechanics, but in fact they are two different animals. Being able to do one flawlessly would certainly NOT mean you would be able to do the other just as well but with no practise... And that's because there are subtleties in handling that make the two quite different despite their heredity. This is a fact.
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote