Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > News
Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Kieran Oloughlin

Default Weekend ruined

Hello
My weekend has just been ruined
You see... I also juggle but ever sense I started to magic I have practiced it less and less amd magic more and more and at one point i was thinking of giving up juggling. But that would be a waste of hours of my life from last year so i kept practcing and I could do 5 witch is an achivment. I have slowly lost intrest in juggling as magic has taken over.

About a week after christmas I bought top notch juggling balls (that cost 70$ all up) to help with my juggling because my old ones where terrible and stuck to my hands and so i have been wating for them. It took the guy 6 weeks to get around to my order and make them so i had to wait a long time. Then i fianlly got a email saying they have been sent. I have come home eeryday for the past few weeks with a hope that they will have arrived.

TOday I got a letter saying they did not pass quarantine requirments and that they now have to be examend and if they pass they quarantine requirements I get them if not I havw to pay an extar 40 bucks to have them modified wich will probably mean either replacing the fill or empting it or they have to be destoryed.

So I now will not get my juggling balls and I have lost 70$ which was out of a $100 that my parents gave to me for my bday.

THIS SUCKS!
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Argh, I'm sorry this is happening to you. I've had a similar experience with some magic tricks I bought a few years ago. Although, it wasn't taken in for quarantine, I've had to pay heavy customs fee + it took more than a month due to customs. I understand how it kind of feels.

But, that's not good. Do juggling balls have some special type of fill inside that gets detected to be dangerous or something?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

Man... i feel sorry for you... the guys that delivered the balls should be the party at fault imo. Well, i think even if you've lost interest in juggling, you should still keep the balls and keep practicing, cause sooner or later you'll be able to come across and learn and ball manipulation on stage, and you'll be needing the balls, after you've done the trick you could throw in the real juggling as a treat, which makes the performance much better( tho... i'm talking about on stage performances...)
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:44 AM   #4
Kieran Oloughlin

I will try to stick to juggling but I may find it hard.
The quarantine people say the filling may bring in some desies or virus into AUstralia. They are homemade JUGGLING BALLS DAMIT!
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:33 AM   #5
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

... that's kinda part of the reason why it's considered hazardous you know... if it's something made from a company with proper guarantee, they will be 100% safe with sterilized and clean materials, but since it's homemade, it wouldn't be as convenient( for you), government guys will try and rip you off at the 1st opportunity they can where i am, but idk about Australia...
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote