Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
TommySteal
Tom

User channel on YouTube

@ Albert. Can I ask why you should be so concerned about somebody deciding to buy or not to buy something from Theory11 or any other company? Don't you think Therory11 or any other company should be more concerned since it's their business, not yours?

A simple question...
Old 11-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommySteal View Post
@ Albert. Can I ask why you should be so concerned about somebody deciding to buy or not to buy something from Theory11 or any other company? Don't you think Therory11 or any other company should be more concerned since it's their business, not yours?

A simple question...
I don't have any concern for it. I'm not sure whether I sounded like that or you understood it like that, but definitely not.

I'm concerned about people obtaining improper knowledge through misinformation, in which that happens through people seeing trailers, not buying the product, thus not obtaining the proper credits, and then learning falsely that a move is an original creation by another when it isn't.

Mark's example of the Invisible Palm was the perfect example. Up until Mark told me around last year, I thought the invisible palm was Wayne Houchin's as well. I never bought the product because I figured it out, thus, not obtaining proper credits into my knowledge bank (given that they do provide it in the video, which I have no idea if they do or not).

I hope that answers the questions.

If you are wondering why I'm concerned about people learning things correctly, I don't know why I do it. I just want people to not learn things incorrectly when they should be and have the capability to. For example, that's what my whole channel was about when I created it and it still is. I want people to learn all the small details that helped me when learning things, which others usually don't teach in a YouTube tutorial video. This way, people don't perform things stupidly and expose it in performances through failing. I'm starting to go off topic again...