Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
Kieran Oloughlin

Default What da reason for this?

Yo!
I have wanted to post this for a while and never go around to it so here it is.

I have been doing magic for about 8 or 9 months now, and I love it. DUring the holidays or weekends I sit at my card mat at night and practice till I am I cant practcie anymore because I am to tired durig the week I practice in the afternoon. Anyways not everyything is for everyone. WHat I mean by this is some poeple are naturals at stuff and others are not. Fro example so Jugglers are naturals and can master 7 balls within 2 years of starting others can be juggling7 for 2 and a half and still not have it done. Not due to practice but due to natural ablilty.

Now althought I get nervous when performing magic I just seem to know how to perform and what to and what not to do even thought no one has told me. I do not make the mistakes that I see other ne macigians make. I see my friend do all this wierd things including being suspicous by doing things like reapting the fact thatthe spectator is holding X card in their hand during the card in hand trick be very very specific on how to do a cut and not casual (you would have to see him to see what I mean) and finally reapting some tricks more than once to the smae person (for example the hindu shuffle fore combined with some showman ship he did it 5 times to one person within a half hour) and many more.

I think about magic A LOT! ANd I also have a loical kind of brain which helps me work tricks out so when thinking about magic I just work out what to do and what not to do. I dont want to sound stuckup where people by the way.

SO anyways maybe I am a bit of a natural at magic (MAYBE!) as I suck a pretty much evrything else (except school work but that is because I try very hard) and my friend is just not right for magic as he makes mistakes that I am pretty sure I very rarly made. I shoulkd also put in I practice about 30mins a day minium and if you ask him something he should say is "Practice. WHat is practice?" I dont want to seem as if I am gossiping about my friend he is a very friendly person but he sucks at magic and does not practice enough.

SO the point of this was just to ask you people, who here are naturals? and what do you think the reason for my little mistakes and my friends very many mistakes are?

SOoo yeah I dont know what else to say I will also but in that misdirction I find is pretty easy for me as I just act causal and dont raise my voice or do any of those indicating signs while of my friend does.
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote