Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #1
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

You are right. But you see, there are 2 possibilities why he didn't reveal the forums:
1) To try and stay respectful (which is very contradictory);
2) To try and make sure he gets his voice out there without revealing his faults.

Let Jonathan "shower" in his fame and glory for a bit more.

The most valuable lesson I've learned with the issue between Johnny and Jonathan was that whoever loses their temper first is the one who actually admits their faults (not that I believe we were at fault in the first place... maybe we did snicker at them a bit ).

To be honest, I'm personally a real strong-headed or stubborn person myself. But I know how to control that when I need to. Even if I know for sure I'm right, if the other party refuses to give up, I'll just let it be most of the time. Preferably, I would try and reason myself with why these people are saying these sort of things and actually open myself up to learn from my mistakes. But I don't believe that Jonathan was trying to reason with himself. It was like he is a door that allows nothing in, but allows everything inside out.

From a bystander's point of view (with bias reduced as much as possible), which I kind of am since I've never participated in direct conversations with him, he is very stubborn. My first impression of him after reading the first few pages were:
1) He hates disses against him;
2) He tries to make himself seem better than he actually is;
3) He is skillful, no doubt, and experienced; but doesn't really understand how to handle seemingly younger or inferior people as "people". He knows his stuff when he comes to spectators, I'm sure. He has been doing magic for 27 years according to him.
4) His mindset is too narrow. He should open up more. Criticism means "the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, etc."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
"I NEVER care what magicians think about my magic. Their view is tainted by their knowledge of magic. I only listen to my lay audiences. That is one of the secrets to being a great magician"
If this is the case, why would you even consider deleting the comments that don't give positive feedbacks? Criticism is not only used in a negative sense. People aren't stupid enough to mindlessly give "criticism" to experienced people. They believe they are providing him with constructive criticism and then, it gets deleted. I would feel pretty upset at how my voice was shriveled up in an instant, not because it was ignored, but because it was considered useless, pathetic, and garbage.
5) He doesn't want to be wrong.

I'm sure Jonathan's a great guy and all, but from seeing this, that's all I can say. I haven't seem the best of his side, but only seen the bad side of him
Old 03-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #2
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

Well, like David said, let's sit back and watch whatever Jonathan and his supporters will act like, the ride should be ending within the next week or two, when all the smart people realizes the truth.
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote