Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube

But laymen believe him on not using stooges and camera trickery, and then they buy tickets to his show and find out he is not nearby as good as he seems to be on TV. Even the couple of actual stage performances I've seen him do on Mindfreak were full of performance flaws and heavy video cutting to somewhat get rid of the errors as much as possible. I know quite some people who went to see his show live and returned upset because they didn't get what they expected to get as result of his unnecessary lying Criss does in his TV shows.

If you don't use stooges or video editing, don't say you don't use them. It only implies you actually use them or at least have thought of doing that. If you ask a stooge "we have never met before, have we?" you can only expect an answer that comes off as fake. If you don't say anything about it at all, maybe like "what's your name?" it comes off as real, simply because it is.

I don't say "this is a fair shuffle" either. I just shuffle and let the spectators decide whether it was fair or not. And if I say "the card goes into the middle of the deck" when it actually doesn't, it's only because that's exactly what the spectators believe to see.

Video and product descriptions just shouldn't include lies because they can and will be seen seperated from the performances. If you perform a palm and manage to show there is nothing in your palm, it's fine to say "see, there is nothing in my palm" during the performance, but then to put in the description that there was no palming involved, is lying without any purpose other than false advertising.

And Albert, you may want to take a deep breath before replying next time! You seemed to look tomato red in the reply.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote