Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
Kieran Oloughlin

Default Did this make you cry?

I have a friend (whos a girl if that makes any diffrence) who is very emotinal, and she crys a lot so she thinks she is to emotinal and things often make her cry, examples include watching movies such as Shindlers list, listening to sad music and reading sad poetry. I am trying to prove to her that she is not too emotinal but I am not very successful because I havent cried in years, except for maybe a watering up eye but thats about it. I dont know why, I did have a period of years in which I cried a lot and was sad and destressed often all because of one thing (which I am not willing to talk about). Now I dont cry, and I dont know why maybe nothing worthing crying to me has come up or maybe I am just emoinally "tough" in that sense.
Anyway does this video make you cry because it made her cry and not me so I want to see how many people do cry to prove to her that crying is not bad and that she is not to emotinal.

I dont know how to embed it, so can someone do it for me or tell me.
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Leroy

wow, i didnt cry but now my moods gone to crap
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

males, when they grow up, tends to forget how to cry... i mean, i watched 3 full animes that were said to have the saddest, most depressing and tear jerking endings EVER( and i'm telling you, those weren't just opinions), yet the most i got was a bit tear in my eyes( not even enough to call tearing up). But females... due to certain circumstances that i have yet to try and figure out, cry more easily as they grow up...( a classmate of mine who is a girl, cried her eyes out for 2 straight periods... over having her PICTURE taken) so no, your friend isn't emotional, she's most likely just following her instinct...
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0o9 View Post
males, when they grow up, tends to forget how to cry... i mean, i watched 3 full animes that were said to have the saddest, most depressing and tear jerking endings EVER( and i'm telling you, those weren't just opinions), yet the most i got was a bit tear in my eyes( not even enough to call tearing up). But females... due to certain circumstances that i have yet to try and figure out, cry more easily as they grow up...( a classmate of mine who is a girl, cried her eyes out for 2 straight periods... over having her PICTURE taken) so no, your friend isn't emotional, she's most likely just following her instinct...
Yeah, there is definitely a truth factor to this. It is more often than not that a male's brain structure develops to become more logical than emotional, unlike females'. According to a science article, the wall (or a membrane, I don't remember) that splits the left and right side of a male's brain is a lot thicker than the women's, which makes emotional aspects greater for them due to greater interactions between the right and left brain. I think we can see that through their maternal instincts they express after they have a child too, more obviously.

You aren't weird, as long as you felt sad and terrible for certain unfortunate events. If you felt happy and excited about some sad unfortunate event, then there could be potential problems...
Old 10-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Men are designed to be out hunting after mammoths and tigers for dinner. Women are designed for having and bringing up kids. It makes total sense that we have developed this way;

However, times are a-changing, and as women take a more involved and powerful role in society men are beginning to take a back seat. The result is people like me and Trav! Get this; we are totally useless in a tiger fight, surprisingly emotional, in touch with our "feminine side", easily breaking down at the slightest emotional scene in any film, great at making cakes, looking beautiful in a dress, delicate hands, awesome hair. Need I say more?
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
twiztedking

i cried and i'm a man
twiztedking is offline   Reply With Quote