Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > Playground
Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
Kelan
kittydakat

Default What is The Best Reaction You have Ever Gotten From a Spectator?

It would also be great if you were to name the trick that was used. =)

I'll start off... My best reaction was using the WOW gimmick by Masuda. I was performing to a few friends my age and proceeded with the trick. By the end of the trick, they were dead silent. Their mouths weren't even open, they weren't laughing, they weren't doing anything. They were just standing their. I let them take the card home as a souvenir.

Next?

Kelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
Fin

User channel on YouTube

When I performed UltraGum for a colleague the other day he was so impressed he asked to shake my hand. He loved it. Another guy called me a witch when I did coin through bottle, and at a wedding a few months ago I performed $2 window (changing a 10 pound note into a 20) and the girls at the table asked if I was the wedding magician, then asked me to change the note back, which I did. The workers in "King Kebab" also loved $2 window and I did it twice for them at very close range. Their faces were priceless! Several people have freaked out when I've performed the invisible deck - it makes you look like an instant master But overall I don't know which reaction I like best. Each one is very different. But being called a witch is so heartwarming isn't it? lol
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Kelan
kittydakat

Haha, I hear ya Fin. The second best would probably be one of my friends saying "I'm rewriting the Bible man!"

I was cracking up XD
Old 08-16-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
s13zeTheDay

User channel on YouTube

Once when I performed the biddle trick my friend threw the deck across the room at the end. Also one of my best reaction getters is a trick off Red Mirror (I forget the name) where you take 4 predictions, which all turn out to be the chosen card, then instantly change to the 4 aces, which then seemingly teleport back to the deck, leaving just the chosen card face down as the prediction [it's very complicated, but it messes with people's minds, because just when they think they know what to expect, something else happens]. Almost everyone is left speechless

--Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study In Scarlet
s13zeTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:26 AM   #5
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

The trick that got me the best reactions in my magic life has got to be the Cups and Balls routine. Oh my god, that routine is so fun, especially since it's so visual and the kids love it too, while the spectators actually get involved and are attracted to it heavily. The finale where the fruits come out of the cup = epic win for me
Old 08-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
Mark

User channel on YouTube

"WTF! I have lived in America for over ten years and I saw Copperfield, Siegfried and Roy, Lance Burton and so called psychics who were spot on on everything perform live, but those were all tricks. This is the real thing! You are real!"

Kind of a pity that in years, I haven't received any reaction topping that one.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
Randy
Hobby Magician

User channel on YouTube

My greatest reaction was when i performed Ghost Vision by Andrew Maine.
I was with a friend in my local pub and we standing outside fooling around
with my mobile, and i was like OMG did you see that and my friend was like yeah
i saw that so there was a guy who got curious what we where talking about
so i showed my mobile and say, dude i was watching and suddenly there was a
shadow or something in the screen here look and the guy was watching and
omg there it is again ,and that boy freaked out OMG he was like shit man did you
see that omg this is freaky he had goosebumbs over al his body. (lol achievement unlocked)
And then he says ohh wow i think it was a friend of mine who passed away a while ago and i was like yeah maybe it was him dunno it was kinda strange huh .

This was a very strong reaction i got . But maybe who knows he was fooling us you never know lol .

And 1 time ohh btw that was the same day in the pub i showed the Balducci Levitation and there was 1 guy who freaked out also lol.
He was like OMG (jumped like 1 meter in the air hahah)did you see that he was flying now way thats impossible do it again do it again .
And i was like no way dude this cost to much energy maybe another time .

Randy.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

i'm a small time magician without a large range of performing area( everyone in Viet Nam is that way =.=), so the best reaction i ever got was something along the line of: "That's it, i give up"( it is one of the best to me, since i know i did it so flawlessly that even people trying to figure it out couldn't, the rest i got were mostly screams, pestering me to reveal it to them and speechless faces)
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:48 AM   #9
Kelan
kittydakat

Mark, don't feel bad, they were teens. They love reacting to anything!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #10
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittydakat View Post
Mark, don't feel bad, they were teens. They love reacting to anything!
I'm lost.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #11
Alexander

User channel on YouTube

After performing a simple riffle force and revealing the chosen card via stigmata for a crowd, I've been called a devil being able to read minds. And of course, they freaked out like a bitches (even though I performed for a guys).
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
KGaborMagic
K. Gábor

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Last year there was a school event where I performed, and there were quite a lot of people. At the end of the show when all those people were cheering, I think that was the best.
KGaborMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #13
Kieran Oloughlin

I cant rember my greatest reaction, but it may have been when I perfromed a triumph trick on a school camp to a crowd of about 45 annd when I spread the deck to show the whole deck facedown except one card there was a huge GASP!

Also kitty I have perfromed tricks and none said anything, is that really a good thing? isnt a good reactiong where they all shout and jump up and down?
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
Kelan
kittydakat

In my opinion, I think silence is the best =)
Old 08-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #15
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube

My best reaction must have been something like, "This is the first time I've said s**t in 4 years! Curse you!"

•People who talk and never do: The Lower Class

•People who talk and do at the same time: The Middle Class

•People who do before they ever talk: The Upper Class

A real man does not need to talk. We are the upper class."

-Joseph Lau
TheMisdirectingHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:36 AM   #16
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
In my opinion, I think silence is the best =)
i disagree, if i's silence, it must be accompanied with a dumbfounded face to be a good reaction
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
Old 08-20-2011, 01:18 AM   #17
Mark

User channel on YouTube

^ Agreed.

Also, silence + dumbfounded face would be all good, but if it doesn't turn into some heavy stuttering, finger pointing and the person forgetting his or her name.. or forgetting everything really, it's not actually great.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:28 AM   #18
Fin

User channel on YouTube

I'm surprised street magic hasn't caused more fatalities, what with so many dazed and confused people about to cross the road.. Hit them with the 2 card monte.. . and BAM, double decker bus to the face! Never good for one's career but does get reactions. (tip: Ambulance drivers LOVE the shell game but hardcore paramedics tend to prefer a good ACR)
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #19
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

@Mark: lol, i agree, and i just said that it would be a GOOD reaction, never said anything about it being a great one( BTW, the reason why i like mentalism tricks, and all that stuff, it because you can easily get such reactions with no more than a minute or two spewing nonsense.)
Old 08-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #20
Kayne

User channel on YouTube

I once performed Pixel by David Jade. The second the card popped to the top and was shown this guy started to cuss outrageously. He got a warning from the principal that was walking by. I was laughing so hard in the inside. My favourite moment ever.
Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote