Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Theatre > In The Streets > Card magic
Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
oliver

Default Dear Mr. Scientist (personal version)

This is an oil and water routine based on Mystery Mark's "Dear Mr Scientist". I just added a few moves and a complete phase, which make the effect fitting my style.
Let me hear what you think.

BTW: I know that the move around 2:35 is pretty fishy, but I will upload a better version soon. AND: It's my first english video!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
OliveroG
Marcos Olivero

User channel on YouTube

Very, very good sir, i think that the transference you do before the "Fishy move" is more fishy, i think that the only problem of the move at 2:35 was the sound, i have myself a couple of ideas with oil and water, we can get together and discuss them sometime; they involve alot of palming (i love palming), but i think they're worth the effort.

Going back to the routine, it was very well executed, the only thing i prefer on Mark's version (If i remember correctly how it goes) is the fact that the pattern leaves you clean and able to be examined, which is something i like.
OliveroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveroG View Post
Very, very good sir, i think that the transference you do before the "Fishy move" is more fishy, i think that the only problem of the move at 2:35 was the sound
Yeah, the fishy thing meant to be the sound but the transfer is kinda suspicious as well. But im working on improving the whole thing right now.

Quote:
Going back to the routine, it was very well executed, the only thing i prefer on Mark's version (If i remember correctly how it goes) is the fact that the pattern leaves you clean and able to be examined, which is something i like.
Yeah, this is what I add in real life, when the cards could be examined, but to me, it is unnecessary to do that in the video performance, because no one actually can examine the cards.

Quote:
i have myself a couple of ideas with oil and water, we can get together and discuss them sometime; they involve alot of palming (i love palming), but i think they're worth the effort.
That sounds great. We will do this some time
Oliver
Old 09-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #4
ouncesmusic

User channel on YouTube

Great job! I think it was excellent.

"No pressure, no diamonds."
Thomas Carlyle. Philosopher, 1795-1881

"I believe that true focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity."
Charles Xavier
ouncesmusic is offline   Reply With Quote