Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > The Store
Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Admin

User channel on YouTube
Product 'Practical Pass' by Mystery Mark (DVD)

'Practical Pass' by Mystery Mark

Status: The DVD is being produced. In the meantime, everyone who has pre-ordered it can request to learn it over Skype, Google Hangout or otherwise. We will eventually release a downloadable video featuring all the basics so that one could learn it already without needing to remember it from the Skype sessions.

Standard price: $30.00
If you aren't a member yet, register for free and get active in the forums to get special discounts.
In case PayPal and its payment methods are no option for you, you may want to have a look at our alternative payment options.

The 'Pass' is a classic utility move which could be used as a control, force, false cut, color change and more. However, it usually is taught and performed in a classic, almost outdated and knacky way. The 'Practical Pass' fixes many of the errors, making it easier and more performable. Its principles could be added to other 'Pass' techniques you might already perform as well. Usable in all situations and for card magicians of all levels.

What you will need
  • Any deck of playing cards.

What you will get
  • One factory-made DVD.

What you will learn
  • The history behind the 'Practical Pass' including all motivation;
  • The 'Practical Pass' and 'Practical Classic Pass';
  • Several ways to make the 'Practical Pass' suit your style and the situation;
  • Different kinds of passes, including but not limited to the 'Half Pass', 'Cover Pass' and 'One Card Pass'.

Magic specifications
PropsPlaying cards
CleanYes
ImpromptuYes
No pre-workYes
Instantly repeatableYes
AnglesBig group
Sound level1
Performance levelBeginner
Tutorial levelBeginner
Click here for more information on specifications.

Standard price: $30.00
If you aren't a member yet, register for free and get active in the forums to get special discounts.
In case PayPal and its payment methods are no option for you, you may want to have a look at our alternative payment options.

Copyright ©2013 DarkSleightZ - It's eS productions. All Rights Reserved.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
mrtrickzstar

User channel on YouTube

this is a beginner level trick? But the pass is really hard though isn't it to master?

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

just out of curiosity, how much is "enough orders"? Are we talking like 200 or 1000?
mrtrickzstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtrickzstar View Post
this is a beginner level trick? But the pass is really hard though isn't it to master?
"The 'Practical Pass' fixes many of the errors, making it easier and more performable."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtrickzstar View Post
just out of curiosity, how much is "enough orders"? Are we talking like 200 or 1000?
Well, as stated we do have enough orders already, but it usually is considered to be in between 20 and 30 for that we can always pay for up to another 10 DVDs ourselves without losing much on it and we can be sure those will be sold eventually as well. Below 30, the costs we have to make per DVD would be too high. For that, a lot of our older DVDs were released in quantities of 30 as well.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
MysteryHand
Card Player with Mystery

User channel on YouTube

Nice nice ) I always want to have all of your stuffs Very Practical but you should make a trailer that demonstrate the technique and show someone who didn't see your wonderful pass :">
MysteryHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
mrtrickzstar

User channel on YouTube

I agree Mysteryhand
mrtrickzstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
MrJack0fhearts

User channel on YouTube

@ mysteryhand: do you already own the practical pass (how do you know it is "very practical"?)
Just curious, cause i ordered mine about nine months ago and still haven't received anything...
MrJack0fhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
MysteryHand
Card Player with Mystery

User channel on YouTube

Mark showed me his passes through skype long time ago !
MysteryHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
rjorge99

Hi, Is there any new information about this DVD.

Thanks.
rjorge99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
Admin

User channel on YouTube

The masters will be sent to the DVD factory next week which means it will be available sometime next month and probably be sent out before the end of the year.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
Kieran Oloughlin

Here's my review of this sleight, read it, now.

Practical Pass Review
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #11
maenk
The N00b

User channel on YouTube

Uhm just wondering...to who do I have to ask to show me on skype the pass??
Just read I can ask for it on a mail
Old 03-14-2014, 01:58 AM   #12
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by maenk View Post
Uhm just wondering...to who do I have to ask to show me on skype the pass??
Just read I can ask for it on a mail
At last. You're one of the very last to ask for it. You can reply to the e-mail, send me a PM personally, really doesn't matter.

However, I've left you a message on Skype already.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #13
MrJack0fhearts

User channel on YouTube

I'd like the Skype-treatment as well then. Until now I really enjoyed anticipating the finished product, but I've kind of grown tired of waiting by now ;-)
MrJack0fhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #14
Wyattsb

User channel on YouTube

It's been a while since we had a post, so, I'll put some words out there.
I really hope everyone has taken advantage of Marks excellent teaching and tips via Skype or any platform. I was taught the Practical Pass by Mark many months ago now (Not to mention the content of most of the other future releases), and have used it many times practically since then, and only have great things to say about it.
It works excellently quick and silent on an off beat, with a bit of misdirection cover, or openly with its almost perfect angles.
The only Pass I had the confidence to use before was a turnover pass, but the Practical Pass is very different, its just what the Hermann pass should have been from the beginning, and improves upon it in so many ways, it could be used by beginners. Not to mention it can be used to variate your turnover pass giving it the same advantages as the regular Practical Pass, its concepts can also be applied to the Classic Pass, improving that vastly too. It has significantly better angles, sound, speed and ease than the original, what's not to love?

A note on the length of time involved with this project, I'm sure most of us understand the effort involved on Mark's behalf to produce the DVDs at such a high quality, in every regard. Its a lot to manage for such a small production team, plus several issues out of anyone's control, causing large setbacks. I only mention this as you can see posts even on this forum where people get Irate because of this issue, if you have any issue or complaint, in my experience, Mark has never had a problem contacting you personally or explaining anything, don't hesitate to ask, he is one of the most helpful people I've ever had contact with.

I would like to also dedicate a paragraph of this post to thanking Mark and everyone else who's ever contributed anything to all the DSZ releases, they always offer the lowest prices, high video/audio quality, excellent formatting, design and editing, fantastic content (The best anywhere) and the friendliest, most helpful community out of any of this nature. Mark in particular has a lot of negative online history associated with his name (None due to any fault of his, mostly for being just too good at what he does), I've personally seen it across all platforms, here, social media, youtube, and a few other online magic stores/forums. He doesn't deserve this, and any people who still think in this way, just wait till you see the products!

Thank you DarkSleightz, It's eS productions, and Mark!
Wyattsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #15
Lukas

User channel on YouTube

Hi,I'm interested in the Practical Pass,when will the DVD be available ?
I can't find it in any magicshop......
And I also think that a trailer would be nice
Lukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #16
oliver

Read the description, it says June or July. But dont take that for granted, since Mark is very busy nowadays. BTW You can only get it from here.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #17
ouncesmusic

User channel on YouTube

I was shown and discussed the PP with Mark the other day.

My approach towards magic has grown to the concept of minimizing work to maximize performance. The PP is a control/force/cc/etc. without the similar pitfalls of related sleights helping to accomplish this. You can and will seem much more natural. Buy it, then get in touch with Mark and learn it.

The DVD will be nice to have once it arrives (not having a visual reference readily available impedes the learning and practicing), but, anyone who performs often is missing out and possibly making their performances harder on themselves.

For me, the Line Theory release and the PP release have (and will have) the most value as products currently available here.

The magic from the overly-commercialized market is just that, a commercial, and no one likes commercials. I have no intentions to purchase from these retailers ever again. Respect is gained through the respect given to this art.

Thank you Mark.

"No pressure, no diamonds."
Thomas Carlyle. Philosopher, 1795-1881

"I believe that true focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity."
Charles Xavier
ouncesmusic is offline   Reply With Quote