Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

I'm actually a born-again Christian myself and I believe in God. But to be completely honest, it really gets hard to believe in the bible itself.

What Mark's friend is encountering is what I call people who act like a church and is not really a true believer in God per say.

I accept everyone's views in their own respective rights, regardless of if the existence of a God is bullcrap or not. I just don't accept it when people start to spout nonsense and fixate their position as the correct position. We can't prove or disprove God at this moment 100%. I've found a lot of miracles happen in belief of Him and that's why I choose to believe in God. That's not to say that he doesn't exist; I don't know if He does for sure. I just want to believe He does.

Going back to the topic of Mark's friend, he really has no right to be forcing his belief on others. It's a choice. It will be great if people willfully accept the existence of a superior being due to them going through their own experiences. But that's all that is.

I believe there's a difference between a innocent lie and fraudulent or negligent lie. I don't know if the God I believe in accepts any lie or not at all, but I want to believe that innocent lies to improve the enjoyment of people and to make them smile, lies that will not hurt anyone at all, and lies that are done for the benefit of all are forgiven.

I think I've rambled on for quite a bit

But that's what I think.