Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube

I always suggest people to not apply for partnership, but to wait till YouTube invites them for that or for making money with their videos without partnership, like in your case. Most times when you will apply or when you've been invited for just the revenue sharing already, you will not get approved for partnership till YouTube invites you for it themselves. There is a reason why they invited you for the revenue sharing and not for partnership right away, which is that they think your channel is not quite ready for it. Once it is, they will invite you automatically.

There are no criteria for views, subs and such anymore, nor is there any kind of formula (back when I became a parther YouTube was a lot more strict and clear about it). One thing I really dislike of how they work nowadays is that they don't give everyone an equal opportunity and that there is no actual value in being a partner anymore. For instance if you have the opportunity to go to an official YouTube convention, they often hand out forms there which you could fill out to get promoted and become a partner much easier. Or when they have had a big run of partnering musicians (or magicians for that matter), they take a break from partnering anymore of these similar kind of artists for a while (although I doubt that magicians is a category on its own as for that).

That said, the new YouTube lay-out is coming soon and so far it seems that partners will not have more features than anyone else (although I hope and suggested they will or should still have a banner, but so far they don't which may mean the end of differences between revenue partners and actual partners).
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote