Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Playing Cards
Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube
Default Review on "Artifice-Emerald" playing cards

i just got them yesterday, and after playing around with them for a day, i want to put up a review

Stock: the stock for the deck is nice and thick, as much as a Standard Bike, they are also quite stiff and gives just enough resistance to make a spring effortless yet beautiful.

Finish: the finish is the same used on the original Artifice decks, smooth and slippery, enough to make you handle it for around 4 hours straight to get it broken in( others i've seen take less than an hour of constant spreading, shuffling, cutting, fanning to get them broken in in a humid and hot environment like Viet Nam).

Magic capabilities: at first, before being broken in, a sandwich effect is next to impossible; haunted deck, triumph and ACR works fine. after broken in, all classics are fine to do. the back design is quite mystical, so it makes the spectator a bit dizzy so it serves as a good distraction when need be.

hope this helps
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Nice! Now I know what to expect when I unbox and test the deck.

I like how you put that the back design makes the spectators dizzy because that was the only concern I had with all Artifice decks to begin with.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Nice! Now I know what to expect when I unbox and test the deck.

I like how you put that the back design makes the spectators dizzy because that was the only concern I had with all Artifice decks to begin with.
lol, i know what you mean, the original reason why i was fancied by the deck was because of the box and the back design( i love green and black, so that was a must-have), now i know it's not that bad a deck( and i specially love how they made these cards different from other decks that were bordered after the 1st series( take Bee Stinger and Bee Erdnase for example, they literally just resized the back and but a border around it, the Artifice cards have a PATTERNED border, that adds to how complicated the deck looks even more)
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
Old 12-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #4
Leroy

so... would you recommend them to a friend?
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:09 AM   #5
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

well, i would recommend them if you are going to only do magic with them, flourishes are a little hard( XCM is fine, but it doesn't have the good grip needed for cuts) and gaming is down right wasteful