Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > News
Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #21
TommySteal
Tom

User channel on YouTube

Very dark film the Prestige - probably why I enjoyed it.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #22
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Okay, I think I have to ask you all for a favor. I got some amazing ideas for some scenes, but I can't think of a good, original/non-cliché storyline and plot yet. That is, for the movie I'd like to make first (because I got a great idea for another movie, the one I started this thread with, but that one is very difficult to work out).

The movie will be overall serious and leans towards the action genre as for the couple of scenes I worked out. If you can think of a storyline and a plot that are magic-related (but not in a science-fiction way) and which includes hecklers and haters who hate towards one magician or maybe a small group of them (think of it as DarkSleightZ), please send me a message telling me about it!

Thank you! And of course you will get your well deserved credits if I use it!

PS: Please keep in mind that this is for a big movie of approximately 90 minutes. It really has to go somewhere.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:25 AM   #23
Kieran Oloughlin

oh wow... I like that idea, but I am un creative so yeah...
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
Mark

User channel on YouTube

I need your guys' help again, this time not for a story (got enough for that already) but I want to collect story twists to see if I can include any of those. Movies like The Illusionist and The Prestige and TV series like Hustle would be good examples as for the kind of story twists I'm looking for.

If you can PM me some unique twists of any kind, please do so. Two restrictions: no twist based on death/resurrections and no twist based on doubles (like two of the same person or something like that). Preferably something magic-related but that's not a must.

It can be as simple as "The object that was stolen, happens to be a fake." or "There happens to be two of the same person.". Just to give some examples, because it doesn't take not of the restrictions. Of course, it can be longer than those too.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #25
twiztedking

maybe you could do a movie where a magicians on stage he does a disappearing act and then he doesn't reappear and they go all over the world trying to find him (meeting other magicians on the way
twiztedking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #26
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

no offense fin, but that sounds like a hard plot to execute... if done right it would be a fairly normal film, if done wrong, it would be the most boring thing in the world...
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #27
Rokk
Hobby Magician/Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztedking View Post
maybe you could do a movie where a magicians on stage he does a disappearing act and then he doesn't reappear and they go all over the world trying to find him (meeting other magicians on the way
Haha! A mentalist here in sweden actually did that on live tv! He did that trick where he sat on chair with a blanket over him in a death-trap. Then the trap was released and... He was just gone! And the presenters and everyone had no idea what to do. But he reappeared again a few days later though...
It wasn't very good entertainment though, but I think the mentalist had a lot of fun!
Rokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #28
schugunwinta

User channel on YouTube

Very exicted
Old 11-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #29
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Funny that you boosted this thread again, because I just wanted to post an update about that things are going to be a little different.

We will actually be making a short movie before the big one we had in mind in this thread. That's all I can say. Some of you already know what it will be like but I won't post about that in public.

Good thing is that although it will still take quite some time to make it, you won't have to wait as long as with the big movie.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #30
ouncesmusic

User channel on YouTube

I'd like to help with any ideas if I can.
ouncesmusic is offline   Reply With Quote