Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > Broadcast Yourself
Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
IAmTheChin

Default New SEASONS Playing Cards - Custom Deck Set

Hi guys,
This deck set has been in the making for about a year now. It's been a dream of mine to have a deck of cards created for quite some time and it's only now coming to fruition. It's a black and white deck which captures the changing seasons, meaning that each deck has a DIFFERENT back design. Each of these designs were illustrated by hand and then vectorized, meaning no cheesy "picture" images, just old school magic illustration styles.

PRIMAVERA meaning Spring is a white deck with gold foil embossing and gold ink accents.
SERONDA meaning Fall is a black deck with silver foil embossing and silver ink accents.

You can see a full gallery and fun teaser video on the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seaso...28045753959402

I've gotten incredibly supportive responses to the pictures and have made the big decision to start a kickstarter beginning October 1st. I look forward to your responses
IAmTheChin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Those look fancy! Though, to be honest, I don't really fancy the yellow spot in the center of the backs.

The only problem is that this is your first and only post in here. I feel like you should become part of the community first. I don't really know what kind of reactions you expect other than people telling you what they think of the design, without being able to give any input, I suppose.

Also, I can see this place flooding over on Kickstarter playing card projects due to the recent successes of the Revision 1 deck and the Brimstone one which was posted in here before.

EDIT: Moved this thread to the 'Broadcast Yourself' section.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

Donor Score: 50
User channel on YouTube

I'll definitely back this once it's on Kickstarter, and I have sufficient funds lol. There is a lot going on on the back of the cards, but I myself think it's quite elegant. I saw some pictures on Facebook and I believe the white/gold color scheme for one of the decks is absolutely beautiful. I look forward to seeing the custom court cards on Wednesday!
Travmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

Seronda sounded nice in the description, but looks kinda meh to me...( if it has a black and silver as color schemes for the backs, i expected to look extremely cool, since i love those 2 colors, but the picture was kinda a let-down since it didn't stand out as much as it could have) but Primavera looked AMAZING!!( it stood out way way more than i ever imagine from the description) i especially love how the jokers look, so elegant!
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

I agree with both Mark and la0o9!

We would appreciate more participation in the community and less advertising, but at the same time, Primavera has a very very elegant feel to it.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:21 AM   #6
Kelan
kittydakat

I personally love the back design. I think the yellow is a very nice touch too. I don't like non-bordered decks though, but the bordered one's look cool =)
Kelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:17 AM   #7
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
I agree with both Mark and la0o9!

We would appreciate more participation in the community and less advertising, but at the same time, Primavera has a very very elegant feel to it.
Amen I totally agree
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #8
TommySteal
Tom

User channel on YouTube

Lovely deck of cards that white one.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
alexqpp

This is good. I had a go at making my own on http://www.printerstudio.com/persona...rds-gifts.html. How are you making yours?
alexqpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
Mark

User channel on YouTube

These are made at the United States Playing Card Company. Printer's Studio is a promotional printing company so the decks most likely wouldn't end up at the desired quality. That said, they are extremely cheap for custom playing cards (don't know if that's a good thing, but at least you can check out their service without losing too much money on it).
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #11
Des

Primavera is Italian, but what language is "Seronda"?
Nice cards by the way.
Look great.
Des is offline   Reply With Quote