Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
Fin

User channel on YouTube

From what I've seen, "Sick" by Ponta the Smith is an incredible dvd to get and work on over time but for a beginner just starting in coin magic I'd say Metal by Eric Jones is an awesome place to start. Also "In The Beginning There Were Coins" by Jay Noblezada is very good and covers alot of ground. For awesome visual coin magic check out "Coin One" by Homer Liwag, on youtube. It gives you a good idea of what's possible.

There are many other good dvd's and books out there. Here are just a few that I have seen or managed to get hold of that I would recommend to a beginner:

J.B. Bobo - "Modern Coin Magic" a MUST HAVE book
David Roth - All his coin magic dvd's are excellent
Jay Sankey - Revolutionary Coin Magic 1 & 2 DVD's (LOADS of content)
The world's Greatest Magicians - Expanded Shells DVD

Also if you want a nice gimmicked trick that will baffle and delight people I highly recommend "copper, silver, brass" which you can buy at most good magic stores although I've found the best set is from the good old "Magic Warehouse". It's an easy trick to do so you can concentrate on the presentation, which is great if you are learning other tricks that you are not ready to perform yet, because it gives you time to work on them, saving them for when they are REALLY ready, and meanwhile build your confidence by performing a great trick whose "moves" are not going to worry you too much.
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote