Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
The_Logical_Magician

User channel on YouTube

I have a more intricate and new view on religion.

First of all let me say that I am profoundly christian and strongly believe in the Lord. I was born in a christian family but apart from being baptised, I never participated in church ceremonies. I did however celebrate Christmas, Easter and so on.

But my passion for my religion only appeared about a year and a half ago when I discovered christian metalcore. I started listening to christian music from bands like For Today, August Burns Red, Oh Sleeper and that got me going on a sort of new type of christianity.

See, as profoundly as I believe in God, I hate religion. And that's a pretty recurrent principle in christian metal. It's that christianity isn't about following religion, about reading the Bible (so there's my view of the Bible), about going to church and donating and so on, it's about having a RELATIONSHIP with our Lord.

So, I obviously know the "story" as you could call it talked about in the New Testament, and about quite a few elements from the Old Testament, but my view of God is of a Governor of the world, promising justice, redemption, redeeming the good-natured and leading evil to grief. I also highly esteem the "shepherd and sheep scene", that is the Lord breaking through to the callous, and finally of a continuous battle between The Lord (and his followers) and Satan (and his followers).

This last phrase might make you think that I associate all to either God or Satan but that's not the case, and don't worry about Satan's followers, I'm not necessarily talking about people but of sins (of lust and hate and jealosy that poison society).

So yeah, there's my view of christianity (not religion).
Could've elaborated way more but this is a magic site after all.
The_Logical_Magician is offline   Reply With Quote