Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
harcourt22

Default theory11 whats up guys!

i want to ask why all of you guys hate t11 I am just curious i for one think theory11 has great video quality and most of the effects are reasonably priced. i like ellusionist just as much as the next guy but i think they are a little overpriced for example the "how to do street magic" dvd is basically a compilation of extremely basic tricks that 9 year olds reveal on youtube i don't mean to offend anyone but honestly theory11 is coming out with just as many ground breaking effects as ellusionist or any other site not to mention theory11 has the wire the largest global marketplace for magicians in the universe. i hope no one takes this the wrong way im just wondering.
harcourt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

Donor Score: 50
User channel on YouTube

There are a few threads you can check out, go ahead and give http://www.magiciansthegathering.com...read.php?t=453 a read!
Travmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcourt22 View Post
i want to ask why all of you guys hate t11 I am just curious i for one think theory11 has great video quality and most of the effects are reasonably priced. i like ellusionist just as much as the next guy but i think they are a little overpriced for example the "how to do street magic" dvd is basically a compilation of extremely basic tricks that 9 year olds reveal on youtube i don't mean to offend anyone but honestly theory11 is coming out with just as many ground breaking effects as ellusionist or any other site not to mention theory11 has the wire the largest global marketplace for magicians in the universe. i hope no one takes this the wrong way im just wondering.
Hi harcourt22, it's completely fine to ask this!

There are many reasons, in which you will understand if you give a read of some of the bad things they did. The one Travmang pointed out is the most recent one and there is an older post if you click here.

Those are some of the reasons why we don't really like Theory11. If not for these things, we would have no problem with them. It could be a long read, but it pretty much sums up how Theory11 has done us wrong in several ways.

Hope that explains it!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Not everyone here hates them. I have made my opinion clear in other threads. I agree with some of the problems people have with them but at the same time I have been perfectly happy with all my T11 purchases. Most people are able to weigh things up and make their own decision about what they think; but it's nice to know that where T11 and other companies/people have been a bit naughty there are those here who will call them out.
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #5
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

no, no one here hates T11, we just don't agree with some of the ways they do things, i personally am happy with anything i've ever bought from them, but sometimes they do things that makes people here upset...
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #6
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Indeed, we usually don't have anything against whatever they sell. But a business is more than just a vendor, especially when being as much of an icon to the art as theory11. They need to give the right example, not just for high quality products but also for running a business and the related behavior.

Also, if I can be totally honest here, the idea of The Wire kind of failed in my opinion. It was supposed to be the "iTunes of magic" but due to the massive filtering and the fact they now only upload two new effects per day at most, it is nowhere near that, nor nowhere near worth calling it anything revolutionary. That said, I like it this current way much better than the way they said it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0o9 View Post
anything i've ever bought from them
Wait a second... you... have bought things from them?!? You?!?
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
harcourt22

ok thanks guys!
harcourt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #8
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Wait a second... you... have bought things from them?!? You?!?
cards, from a supplier near my area, who is a T11's card distributor.
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote