Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Marketer > The Store
Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Majikku

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygri View Post
Sorry Mark. Now I've received the cards and the video, I believe the product description is somewhat misleading. I was looking for a new version of ACAAN that reproduces the classic effect as described in your product description:

I think it is fair to say that's pretty reductive.

I think the following is more apt:

If that had been the description I think I'd have passed on buying this because it wasn't what I was looking for.

Mark I think you should put a performance video up somewhere for people to watch to allow them to make a more informed decision before purchase. I'm sure many folk will love your take on the effect.

Cheers
Johnny,

Obviously, it's frustrating when a product doesn't reach your expectations, but aren't you being a bit unfair? The description claims that the spectator gets a free choice- and that's what they get. The point is to mildly outline the effect, not to give a completely exhaustive description of the trick.

Also, from the extract of the description you chose to use as the basis for your argument, you indicate that you were expecting a routine in which the spectator selects any playing card and number, and that the card is at that number. But that is exactly what this product is.

I am sorry that you're disappointed, but I have personally bought the product and was very happy with it. It is exactly what it is said to be and there are a lot of usable things included. I think to call the description misleading is incorrect, and that perhaps you should more carefully select and read about the effects you really want.

Thanks,
-Majikku
Majikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
johnnygri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikku View Post
The point is to mildly outline the effect, not to give a completely exhaustive description of the trick.
In my opinion, with the wealth of effects on the market, magicians require an exacting description from the outset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
They are still selecting any card and number regardless of them not naming it, don't you think?
Personally, not quite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
So yeah, sorry for any misunderstanding. I'll make sure our product manager gets to hear your opinion though, but I really doubt any changes will be made for that the description seems to mention everything it actually should mention. I hope you still got something out of the product though.
Thanks for taking my feedback constructively, I wish you the very best of luck with this and future products.

Cheers
johnnygri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
Wyattsb

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygri View Post
Personally, not quite.
Do you really think so? I'd love to see you elaborate on this.
Wyattsb is offline   Reply With Quote