Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #11
Fin

User channel on YouTube

No Albert, that's not arguable at all. I have always understood how important crediting is; I've made that pretty darn clear, in fact it was my eye for detail in the crediting of this move and the differences between it and similar moves that helped cause this whole debacle! I agree that Theory 11 needs to do more on the product page and I have never suggested otherwise, but I also think that if we have problems with what they do or how they do it, our time is better spent writing THEM an email rather than discussing our qualms in forums, because, as we have seen, if someone gets their facts wrong when making a strong criticism, specially a respected magician such as yourself, the results can be ugly. Yes, of course it is incredibly important that an influential company such as T11 "should make sure their products are not misleading, including the addition of credits", and similarly, if we are going to lead by example, then when criticising their practises we should be sure to get our facts straight. It's incredibly easy to mistakenly peddle in misinformation, as we have discovered in this little exercise!

Look at it this way.. When all was said and done, in these "T11 exposed" threads you are trying to help consumers make an informed choice, right? And to teach them about ethics along the way hopefully. Isn't this the point of these threads? A warning to possible purchasers that they should know what they're getting into when they buy with Theory 11? So now, for example, we have two innocent, uneducated noobs to magic. One sees the trailer and goes to the site, the other comes here. I think the one who just went to the site and saw the trailer would be much better off than someone who read this thread first, despite the problems that exist with crediting on the product page. The first person makes their decision based on the move, what it looks like, the price, etc, but doesn't get to see good crediting on the product page.. but hey, they get it in the tutorial. The second person is worried, angry, then confused by all the arguing in this thread and the actual importance of the move goes out the window, because its all about credits, ethics, who said what, where did it originate, who stole what? etc. My point? I'd rather be the first person and just get on with making my own choices and judgements, rather than the second guy, who came to this thread, and got a very blurry picture painted for him about the origin of the move. I know this wasn't done on purpose but it has happened nonetheless. The point is that the thread did more damage than good, whether you like it or not!! On that note, I think I've said more than enough on this subject so I'll leave it there.

Peace and love to all
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote