Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube
Warning Evan Charles Cloyd (howtoDisturbReality) Exposed

For hard evidence, please check post #13.

I am writing this on behalf of a friend named Phil. After talking to him and asking some others what to they thought of the situation, we figured the only way to deal with it was actually by making this thread.

Evan Cloyd hit the 10,000 YouTube subscribers mark and decided to host a contest celebrating this accomplishment. Nothing wrong with that (although I strongly disagree with people getting subscribers off of ruining the art of magic, but that aside). The actual problem is with the contest prizes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Cloyd
5th: 4GB Flash Drive of magic

4th: 4GB Flash Drive of magic - Black Scorpion Deck - Blue Bicycle Deck

3rd: 8GB Flash Drive of magic - Black Scorpion Deck - Yellow Bicycle Deck

2nd: 16GB Flash Drive of magic - Black Scorpion Deck - Yellow Bicycle Deck - Invisible Deck

1st: 32GB Flash Drive of magic - Black Scorpion Deck - Yellow Bicycle Deck - Invisible Deck - Ghost Deck - Skype call with me - Copy of "The Game" by Neil Strauss - Disturb Reality T-Shirt
Decks? No problemo. A t-shirt? Fun! But.. flash drives full of magic? And yes.. that is what he means, as he clarified in the contest video. So is he going to give away his own videos which are already available for free.. yet on flash drives? Doubt it. Does he even have 32GB of own video material? Nah.. this can't be right.. he must be duplicating other people's releases to give those to the winners. Or did he purchase all of the included products.. the amount of times he copies it.. which is 64GB of magic for the prizes and another 64GB on top for his own copies.. makes 128GB of magic purchasing. Oh boy, that must be expensive.

Phil actually commented a question to the contest asking whether this was actually legal or not because he doubted that, but Evan didn't reply and even deleted the comment. Worse though, is that before the comment was deleted someone replied with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrickster222
no one cares
So not cool.. and the fact Evan deleted Phil's comment instead of replying to it (not even by PM if I have to believe Phil, which I do) makes it a lot less cool too.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote