Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
TheMisdirectingHand
David Nguyen

User channel on YouTube
Default Fight Against SOPA!

Hey guys, I know I don't post much anymore, but I had to spread the word. As you all may know, Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) is going to be having a hearing around Febuary. This is unfair to the rest of the world, as many of our favorite websites would be hit with copyright, and our main sources for quick information would be hit as well. Personally, pirating is technically a crime, but the way this bill works is idiotic, as it affects every website internationally. Why is it that because of the various pirate websites in the world, the rest of the world must suffer? Our favorites that did no harm, YouTube, Wikipedia, and many others have done no wrong, but guess what? They are as much at risk at any other website. Some of you people on this website probably will not agree with me, but I for one am against this Bill. I don't have too much information on this, but I know that many websites around the world are blacking out their websites today (January 18th, 2012) as a response to the bill. If you would like to help out, please, sign this petition, and let our voice be heard if you agree! However, if you do not oppose this bill, do not be afraid to speak up, I will not criticize you for your own personal beliefs. Here it is, guys: https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

•People who talk and never do: The Lower Class

•People who talk and do at the same time: The Middle Class

•People who do before they ever talk: The Upper Class

A real man does not need to talk. We are the upper class."

-Joseph Lau
TheMisdirectingHand is offline   Reply With Quote