Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2011, 05:10 AM   #17
Leroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Leroy, I really serious hope that you didn't mean that? You know that I usually don't post anything serious until I've practiced enough of a technique to be at a performable level. I've already told everyone that I've recently changed the way I do the classic pass (regardless of the fact that I haven't used that move in around 2 years in a performance). Stating that fact, I can't perform the new or old one at a good enough level yet that I want to post it. It's not that I don't have time to film it. I don't have time to practice it. Usually, when I'm on the forums, I'm at school, either in the library or during break in lectures. Is that really that offensive?

I'm not going to argue about whether there is a lot of hate or not in the forums and your perspective on it. I'm sure you will understand why we stress such acts so strongly as you get further into magic and that's not something we can particularly explain to you clearly enough at the moment.

I spend more time on exposures because of the situation I'm in and the fact that it's 500% more helpful then me putting up my performance of a classic pass.

As I've said before, those exposures are the ground works of what ethics in magic should be. You certainly have learned a lot more than you think and if you feel that way, then that's too bad Leroy. What you are saying right now feels like you blackmailing me, even if you aren't. It's like you are saying that unless I post up my video of the classic pass, all your time here would have been wasted.

I'm going to be harsh on you at this moment right now Leroy, for your own sake in developing in magic: Me putting up my video of the classic pass isn't going to get you nearly as far as you going to practice magic yourself!

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to post up an entry for a contest until I'm satisfied of my own skills. That's that. If you seriously feel like we robbed your time, I'm sorry, but you know what? That was extremely rude, in all honesty.
my post was not intended to be rude. Im sorry I understand your situation. From my point of view I figured people would post ther pass as is without loads ofpractice, and after they practice they post another. Thats why you can keep entering. Im sorry, I didnt think you cared about it and all of your comments on it were about how unfair it was rather then thanks for the contest. And thank you to the low blow to my intelegence, I may not be able spell but im not stupid. Iv been in magic for three years and why am I concidered to be less in love with the art then you if I have a differnt view on the ethics. Please albert I respect you a lot and what you said hurts. I do understand magic that is why I create my own. to me it feels like you think im just another kid that wishes to impress people with a trick. Im sorry albert but you have been rude to me as well
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote