Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Magic Alert
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #5
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Adam,

What you see in the screenshot above is exactly what it looked like and you know that. How is that "not public"? Your files were available publicly, no password or anything needed, not even any hacking needed because your host is set-up in a way showing all folders and files inside of the root folder (please change the 777 and similar folder settings of the root and included folders). This mistake is on your side and there is absolutely no way to blame others for it. You can't blame people who don't have private access to your hosting account, for not having the folders secured. It's such an easy thing to do, but you didn't.

Of course it's offensive to you, and may look like hacking or anything immoral because you are somewhat hurt by it and probably can't face the truth that you provided those files for free yourself. It's absolutely not my or anyone else's fault or responsibility you guys don't know how to handle your files online and how to handle a web host. I think it's fairly obvious I'd rather had all go well, but it didn't.

This just shows everyone how little research you have done and that you lack the knowledge regarding such things. If you would have put enough time in it, regardless of how hard you worked on the tricks or how much money has gone into your project, you would and should not have made such a big mistake. And the lack of experience is not an issue as long as you would've learned something from it but it seems like you didn't.

This thread was only made because I care about the art and that I think this hurt it pretty badly. You could as well have admit the mistake, making it much easier to move on, but instead you are calling me a hacker (while I clearly said I was not the one getting those links, though I could, without hacking), a thief (while you provided the material for free all by yourself), immoral (actually, free online magic tutorials are immoral to me) and such ridiculous things. It's hard for me to have respect for that.

You still didn't tell me what information in the original post was invalid either, apart from your own invalid statement that the files were not publicly available while the screenshot clearly begs to differ.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote