Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube

It's not true that they don't profit from any of it, yet they think so. They forget that all those performances get them a lot bigger audience = more customers = more money.

Magic shouldn't stop there where the sales stop. What if I wouldn't decide to sell my tricks at all? Or what if I'm not sure if I will? Does that mean that I have to torture other magicians for the rest of my and their lives because they can't perform my effects or their takes on them because that is "unethical"? No wonder magic seems to be evolving rather slowly under the regime of the FISM and those magic companies.

Funny is that now they are all like "It's bad, you don't have any rights to do that!" but as soon as the creator is dead they couldn't care less if you learn it from his release or from anywhere else, there where if actual copyright laws would've been involved, they would've had to wait a whole lifetime in order to be allowed to use the sleights and tricks and such. No, magic sellers coming up with their own "universal" magic laws and ethics is no good idea at all. Just another thing to kill the art and to turn it into one big business.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote