Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > General Discussions
Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

Donor Score: 50
User channel on YouTube
Default Close minded people... sigh

Hey guys. I'm not gay, even though I may say incredibly homosexual things, usually directed at Albert for some reason... LOL! But I support anyone who lives their life they way they want to live it. This video pissed me off that his parents would do this to their son, but I understand their religion is against it at whatnot... but it's incredibly disrespectful and close-minded of them.

Travmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Fin

User channel on YouTube

It'll probably just make me angry if I watch it. Narrow-mindedness is one of the main causes of suffering in the world today. Suffice to say, parents often think they know what's "best" for their kids. I've lived around gays and lesbians most of my life, and the only difference between them and anyone else is that the gay guys have more girlfriends and the lesbians have awesome parties! Where's the negative? lol. Also, I went to an all-boys school and only one of the guys in my year turned out to be gay.. ONLY ONE!! (And no it wasn't me ) Anyone who believes the myths/propaganda that people can be "turned" or "indoctrinated" by others into a homosexual lifestyle, or believes that by dressing your son in pink you will turn him gay simply hasn't got a clue. Long live freedom of expression, whether in crappy youtube videos, or under the sheets

MavTrang, if you're not gay, does this mean we can't do "hug fridays" any more?
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

User channel on YouTube

Nope, sorry. We can, however, partake in Heterosexual Bonding Activites Mondays!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube

LMAO at Fin's last sentence

This video is very very saddening, especially to see parents beat and abuse their child just because of their belief in religion and such. I would definitely try to help my child if I had one that was gay, but not through abuse...

There are so many retarded people in this world. There was even a time where the parents of a young girl (or boy was it?) stuffed her inside an empty icebox for eating an ice cream inside the freezer (that they said not to eat) and killed her through suffocation. Retarded people should not have children, for the sake of the child and the world... :S
Old 10-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

from what i read a while back, homosexual inclination can be caused by 2-3 things:

+ Child trauma, as a child, usually if you have a trauma of some sort, it will follow you all the way to the grave unless you do something about it( even if the trauma no longer sounds logical, you'd still be afraid), so if the child at birth was abused physically by a member or members of the opposite sex to the point where she/he is scared to talk to those people again, he/she will most likely turn out to be homosexual.
+ Mental disorder, this, means that from the very bottom of their heart, they wish to be a member of the opposite sex, they don't have a particular reason why, and there are no traumas involving this in the past, they simple hate the fact that they aren't the opposite sex.

there was, as i remember, a third reason, but it must have been unimportant. point is, if you want to try and help your child overcome homosexuality( i have no idea why you want to, since tho it is a psychological condition, you don't really need to cure it, as long as it's inside the lines-e.i no shameless fauning over a person- it's fine), it's important to know the roots of the problem.

Abusing someone physically have, and will always, be illegal, as it violates the rights of a citizen, pain will only cause hatred, not an understanding.
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 AM   #6
Kieran Oloughlin

Imk not gay either, and I think that if someone is they should not be treated diffrent from anyone else, its not fair, it their choice not others and if their happy shoudlnt everyone else.

I have a few friends that all thought the are between 15-16 they have already decided they are all ready gay, bi-sexual or illesbian. Everyone knows and hardly anyone gives then trouble for it, one of them has grown up with a life of being bullied but thats for a diffrent reason. They are just a little diffrent thats all and I am friends with them and I see no problem with it nor should anyone else.
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:54 AM   #7
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

Funny thing is though, girls love gay guy friends. There are a bunch of girls within my high school social group I still hang out with from time to time and they thought that from the time I met them in high school (Around grade 10) until graduation, they thought I was gay because I showed no interest to any of the girls in my entire school >.<
(By the way, I'm straight, just for your information hahaha )

My guy friends had to tell them I wasn't gay with positive assertion in order for them to calm down...

Point being, there are people out there who treat homosexuals (or thought-to-be homosexual) extremely nicely and sometimes even better than straight people. I think that's wonderful. I don't mind having a gay friend or a lesbian friend. I just personally wouldn't want gay man hitting on me, but that's all. Those parents really have a big problem with how they deal with problems.

Their head is too filled the teachings of the bible in a very narrow-minded way; I don't think even God would approve of the treatment that gay guy received.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:40 AM   #8
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

User channel on YouTube

I hereby declare myself, Alby, and Findini a trifecta of all that is awesome! Although, I'm having trouble deciding which of us plays which character in the following video:

Old 10-13-2011, 04:52 AM   #9
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travmang View Post
I hereby declare myself, Alby, and Findini a trifecta of all that is awesome! Although, I'm having trouble deciding which of us plays which character in the following video...

Hahahahahhaa The Office!!! This was hilarious xD
Old 10-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #10
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

User channel on YouTube

There are soooo many epicly hilarious clips of The Office on YouTube, and it takes all my strength to resist posting ALL of them
Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #11
la0o9
Move monkey atm

User channel on YouTube

the only time when a person who is not straight should be treated any differently than others, is when they choose to ACT differently. other than that, there are no such rules in the bible and such that says no to being a homosexual( as far as i know, you are only forbidden to violate the 7 sins: wrath, sloth, gluttony, lust, greed, pride and envy, and i'm quite sure there haven't been any changes in that rule to add "being a homosexual" into the sins...).

I don't really mind having a friend who isn't straight either, no one really do, it's just that they have this ridiculous notion that being "gay" is not the same as being a "guy", who cares if someone is gay? as long as he isn't doing anything inappropriate( i COULD elaborate... but i don't really want to say such things on a forum), leave him alone for crying out loud.
"It's a small world, but only relatively"
"Reality is not the world, it is the way humankind depicts the world, thus when you alter a person's way of seeing the world, you alter reality itself"
la0o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #12
Fin

User channel on YouTube

LOL that is a good clip I gotta hand it to ya! I was about to get abusive, since that is in fact, to me, not "The Office" at all. It is the US remake which will forever be known in the UK as the "American" Office. Check out the original UK series if you haven't. It is legendary. I might have to watch the US series now after seeing that.
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #13
Travmang
Pharaoh of Magicianry

User channel on YouTube

Haha I've seen the few episodes of the British Office that were made, it is indeed great!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #14
Kieran Oloughlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Funny thing is though, girls love gay guy friends. There are a bunch of girls within my high school social group I still hang out with from time to time and they thought that from the time I met them in high school (Around grade 10) until graduation, they thought I was gay because I showed no interest to any of the girls in my entire school >.<
(By the way, I'm straight, just for your information hahaha )

My guy friends had to tell them I wasn't gay with positive assertion in order for them to calm down...

Point being, there are people out there who treat homosexuals (or thought-to-be homosexual) extremely nicely and sometimes even better than straight people. I think that's wonderful. I don't mind having a gay friend or a lesbian friend. I just personally wouldn't want gay man hitting on me, but that's all. Those parents really have a big problem with how they deal with problems.

Their head is too filled the teachings of the bible in a very narrow-minded way; I don't think even God would approve of the treatment that gay guy received.
I have a kind of funny story similar to your situation there. Me and my best friend where on the bus on the way home from school and we where talking to this girl who wed never meat before also from our school, anyway half way through the conversation my friends randomly lifted my head up a bit and staightened my tie the girl we where talking to then asked "Are you two togther, are you two gay?" And I was like Haha no and i for some reason I can now use this event against my friend.
Kieran Oloughlin is offline   Reply With Quote