Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Theatre > The Concert Hall
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
Fin

User channel on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
However, the producers will be getting money for whoever wins no matter what kind of act it is.. because they will be in charge of the agency that will be managing the winner (who signed for that, not exactly like a record contract but more like a promise contract that if you win, you may not deny the prizes you are getting, including but not limited to a management agency). So it really doesn't matter what kind of act wins.
Ah yeah I see what you mean. They will get some money whatever happens, but I think they will still make more money from a good singer than a good magician, unless that magician is so good that they can launch a tv show off the success but even then the media interest just isn't as lucrative with magic as it is with music. I may be wrong. I just think that a singer who can do regular gigs, release multiple CD's, AND go on tv appearances, is a much better guarantee of lots of earnings for the producers, than a magician who in comparison can only really offer stage shows and occasional TV appearances. No CD sales, nowhere near the amount of TV interest, and so less chance of TV interviews/coverage. From a business perspective theres alot more money to be made by going with the Singer; so that's unfortunately what happens. It's the nature of "the entertainment industry", at least in the UK, that music makes alot more money than magic, and this will be driving the producers decisions in many cases.
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote