Magicians: The Gathering
Contact us Facebook Twitter YouTube
Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Lounge > News
Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Mark

User channel on YouTube

Yup, Penguin is great as for that, and they've always had the fanciest shipping deals. I remember a time in which you could order a model or two to deliver your package and to participate in your videos for a couple of hours.

EDIT: I think I did something horrible to the USPS! The shipping charges on Theory11, Ellusionist and DanAndDave went insane for the whole of Europe now! 99.02$ is the very cheapest option we now have hahaha.

EDIT 2: Ah, they solved it again. Too bad nothing changed afterall so orders from T11 will probably still have extra costs added to them.

EDIT 3: I ended up sending T11 some suggestions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hilkemeijer
...There are two things I would like to suggest...:

The most important one is regarding making the Shipping Options page more important. This page is currently called 'Theory11 Shipping Options' and is put in the menu below as 'Crazy Fast Shipping'. That is not something I would want to click on for such important information, a question with answer that is put somewhere in between questions I did not wonder about. This is also the exact reason why I didn't know about it. I didn't have any questions due to my experience of all costs being included at the very beginning and nothing in my cart saying that I had to be sure to read that line. Also, the shipping options were already displayed in the cart and thus there wouldn't be a reason to check out a page called like that. I think that a line in the store or cart saying that taxes may be added would be much more appropriate.

Second is a follow-up on the first one, this time regarding actually having those VAT charges added to the cart automatically. VAT charges don't change all of a sudden and thus can be scripted and included to the grand prices easily. Or maybe an estimation? It is location-based, just like USPS script you already use for shipping charges. It could save your costumers a lot of money on CODs which turn the VAT charges from "just fine" into "insane" (as you may have noticed, I paid more for the postman who had to take COD, than for the VAT itself).
I hope you take this into consideration. Thanks a lot for the good service.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote