Go Back   Magicians: The Gathering > The Café > Public Magic Discussions
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
Albert
DarkSleightZ Artist

Donor Score: 110
User channel on YouTube
Default Disappointment in today's magic industry...

I'm pretty sure most people have already realized this, seeing so many moves and sleights being published under a "new" name just because he tweaked the move a little bit. I think this is a good example (you can even see him flash big time for the top control, regardless of their efforts to hide it, which is sad):

Don't you think "professional" magicians these days are too money oriented? I don't know anymore if they are doing magic because they love it, or because they love the money they can rip off of people.

Some people may argue that they are doing it for a living, but seriously, they are trying to make a living by ripping people off. Doesn't seem like they had no other motivation in life, such as getting an education for other professions.

Honestly, people like Cris, Takayart, kzmania (although he had an official debut at vanishing inc. not too long ago), and not to forget, MARK, seem to be that much better at the art.

I guess when money's on the line, people will take too big of a short cut and really ignore the basis of magic and skip right to the less useful sleights and magic tricks.

I think we can learn from this that intrinsic motivation for the art really brings out the fullest potential of a person, not money or fame; just pure love for the art.

What do you think?
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote